Options
Aprilstar480
Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
PLEASE GET TO KNOW YOUR NEW FRIENDS HERE:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    Hello all, my real name is Tracy i love to zumba. i already to a walking challenge so i have the walking part down, the squats and push ups will be a challenge as i have arthritis in my knees and im waiting to hear from the dr about my shoulder but i will do my best. my weight is all over the place i do apologize i am very busy taking care of my family plus my elderly dad and my terminally ill mother. hopefully i can start losing the weight i need to get rid of.
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi! I walk on the treadmill and do 30 day shred.... well at least when I'm focused that's what I do :) I had lost 11 pounds during this challenge but then my sister passed away right before Thanksgiving and I kind of went into a tailspin and turned to food for comfort I realized quickly that food was not helping me... unfortunetly I gained 6 pounds before I got a grip. I am very thankful to my girls on the yellow team (pfil and skinnynsweet) for being supportive and uplifting during that. I am back on track now!

On a better note... I have an 8 year old daughter who is picking up a few of my good habits :) I am a full time student and I also have a stressful job ( social work) that I love!!

I am looking forward to finishing this challenge strong!
  • Pfil
    Pfil Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yay! Hi ladies! Like I said in the other thread which I wish I could delete...

I am firmly in my weight lifting routine now which is awesome. I lift Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Last night I squatted 65 lbs, benched and barbell rowed 55 lbs. That's my "easy" day. Thursday I have to do the dreaded overhead press which I'm still stuck doing 45 lbs! :( This week is the week I beat that thing and get all my reps in. I will not be defeated!

I'm not much use for weight loss right now as I'm mostly in maintenance mode but I'm happy to cheer us on for all of our fitness goals be it weight loss, strength, speed, sexiness... :)
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    I hope you guys don't mind but I'm going to post the challenge stuff daily so that I have an easier way of keeping track.

1/15 - not sure if this day counts.
    2 miles walked

1/16
    3 miles walked
    50 squats
    10 push ups - I suck at them
  • ljdanny
    Options
    i don't think i will be able to do the push ups my dr called today and said i have a tear in my shoulder, i am going to suck at the squats. i added the elliptical back into my workouts today and i tried making chicken cordon blu, wasn't to bad.
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    sorry to hear about your shoulder, I hope it heals well and quickly.

1/17
    1 mile
    50 squats
    12 push ups

I have a cold from hell that is slowing me down. I've had It for a few days now and today seems to be the worst. I plan on doing 30 Day Shred tonight but it's kind of hard to work out when you can't breathe out of your nose, but I'm going to try anyways. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    1/18
    1.5 miles
    50 squats
    12 push ups

I took a rest day 1/19
  • Pfil
    Options
    You're killing it gtdattitude!
    I finally beat the overhead press!!!!! I did the full 5 sets of 5 reps with the 45 lb bar! I am THRILLED! Of course, my reward for doing that is adding 5 lbs to the bar... sigh.

This week on my three lift days, I squatted 45 lbs 10 times, (warm up sets) 65 lbs 25 times, 70 lbs 25 times and 75 lbs 25 times. Whew! The weight is really starting to add up!
    That means I did 85 official squats total.

I'll try and get some pushups in today but with the bench pressing and other arm lifts, I tend not to add in other arm workouts.

For distance, my fitbit says that through last night I've walked 12 miles. I'll add in today and tomorrow for Tuesday's update.

For my "new" challenge, I was thinking about trying to run a mile. I've not run anywhere for any reason in ... I can't remember how long. Probably the last time was college volleyball! A couple days ago I was saying how I doubted I could run a mile in anything under 20 minutes and my guy was insistent that I could run a mile in under 12 minutes. I laughed and laughed. Didn't he know how long a mile was and how short 12 minutes was? So I've checked how long a mile is on streets near my house and I think I'm gonna give it a go! I'll never be a runner - I hate running. But now I'm curious. :)
  • ljdanny
    Options
    well this week i didn't lose much 192.2.

as for exercising on
    16th i did 2.27 miles treadmill, 1.16 elliptical, 2.07 bike ( don't remember what she said about bike)
    18th 1.21 miles elliptical, 2.27 treadmill, 4.50 bike
    20th 2.26 treadmill

squats, i did leg presses because of bad knees but i sucked at these 48
    push ups i also compromised 72 on chest machines

as for adding new things i added the elliptical and bike back into my workout, i started measuring all my food and trying to have everything prepared in advanced so when i leave for work i just have to grab it, i have to say it did make things much easier for me to get out the door. i did make it to the gym 3 days in a row and i felt very good about myself. the other day i did the bike for 30 minutes because i was talking to the person next to me that i even forgot i was on it. hope everyone else had a great week.
  • Pfil
    Options
    ljdanny, do you weigh daily or weekly? I find my weight fluctuates as much as three lbs in a given week so if you're weighing weekly you could be weighing on an "up" day. Women are more prone to these fluctuations daily and of course monthly. :)

I weighed in today at 158.2 but just two days ago I was at 161.8.... I just take it in stride as long as my average continues to go down.
    I think any loss is a great loss, I just don't want you to be unnecessarily disappointed.

I got my run in! I went out today after I'd run out of excuses and didn't want to do any more housework. I just hit the pavement, ran to the point I'd figured out was 1/2 a mile away and then turned around. I started walking at that point as I thought my lungs would burn up! I ran a little bit more on the way home but mostly walked. I managed to get in the door in 12minutes 38 seconds. Not bad for a non-runner!

Our team is now: Gtdattitude, Pfil, SkinnyNSweet822, mmommaj, ljdanny, katonaroof. I know skinnyNsweet is around and I'm sure will update us soon. I'm happy to continue gathering up weights and challenge information and sending it to Aprilstar on Tuesdays. I'm abnormally busy at work tomorrow with meetings literally all day but I will try and get everything sent in at lunch (Pacific Time). If y'all could let me know before then, that would be excellent!
  • ljdanny
    Options
    i do weigh in every monday morning, sometimes i will do a little check during the week. i try not to get to discouraged by it but i would like a bigger loss seeing i worked hard this week, but there's always next week.
  • gtdattitude
    Options
    1/20
    1.5 miles
    50 squats
    14 push ups

For my something new I have started jogging!!! I'm not sure if I like it yet... I am doing intervals of jogging and walking right now.

I am only logging the walking I do for exercise not my daily total on fitbit is that right?
  • Pfil
    Options
    Re: the walking, I'm not sure. Aprilstar said get out there and move, so I did but only 1 mile of it was intentional "I am moving now" as opposed to just walking further in the parking lot etc. I'll send her a message and find out. For totals, we need to multiply miles by 10 then add in the pushups and squats.

I haven't heard from mmommaj but I have everyone else's numbers.
    ljdanny got 277.4 and tried something new, skinnyNsweet got 90 or 428 depending on how you count miles and forgot to try something new, I got 95 or 202 depending on counting miles and tried something new.
    Adding together your updates, you got 248 and tried something new. :)