FitBit

Options
I have been toying with the idea of getting a FitBit. Does anyone on here have one? If so, which one do you have and what do you like and dislike about it? Would you recommend getting one (is it worth the cost, do you really think it helps)?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Nikki_7680
    Options
    I have one and I love it! I like that it syncs to MFP so my extra calories for working out/walking get added in automatically. I have the One and I can track my sleep, steps walked, stairs climbed. I think it's worth the $100.
  • bryzgrammy
    Options
    I just ordered a Striiv Play. It also syncs to MFP but the thing that I like about it is that it gives you challenges to beat. I like that because I it helps me stay motivated.
  • fluffychick73
    fluffychick73 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! I may have to check out that Striiv Play too.
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I also own a Fitbit One. I love it. Though I haven't been using it lately because I hardly leave the house. Been unemployed since last February. So really haven't been "dieting" and/or "exercising".
  • Bobbijeannem
    Options
    I have the fitbit zip. It doesn't track sleep or steps, but is nice and small. I find it is slightly off on distance and often have problems with it not syncing to the app. Just have to uninstall and reinstall app on iPad, then it syncs for awhile. Wish I would have gotten the flex or force, but do like its ability to be clipped on my clothes rather than on my wrist.
  • fluffychick73
    Options
    Thanks for all your input! I think I'm going to get the Fitbit One. I just can't see paying $30.00 more for the Force, as it doesn't offer that many more features than the others and recently I have seen some bad press on it causing a lot of skin irritation/damage. I have seen a few reviews that says the steps are off (higher than the actual number) on the One, but I don't know that there is any pedometer that is going to be 100% accurate on that. :)
  • ashviator
    ashviator Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have one of the first fitbits (ultra I think--clips to pants) that I'm about to start using it again. It makes me conscious of being active and finding excuses to increase my step count. My husband just got a Fitbit Flex (bracelet style like the force, but cheaper)--have you looked into that one?
  • fluffychick73
    Options
    I have actually been torn between the One and the Flex. I like the bracelet style of the Flex, but don't like that it doesn't have read out on it, like the One. I want to be able to see what my step count is without going to my phone or computer. Am I wrong with that assumption that is doesn't have a read out on it? When I look at the pics online it just shows the goal markers (dots).
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have had a fit bit FORCE since November. I love it! It is really easy to read, and you barely notice it is there. I have a desk job so I don't get many steps, but I love having it when I go to Disney on the weekends because your step count is insane!
  • fluffychick73
    Options
    My Fitbit One showed up in the mail today! So excited to get it set up and start trying it out!!! Thanks for all the imput. AHBly, I'm so jealous that you get to go to Disney on the weekends!!! I bet that does put your Force to the text! :) I also have a desk job, so not anticipating a whole lot of steps, but maybe this will be more incentive to get up and move as much as possible.
  • thinktink272
    Options
    Good luck with the fit bit! I really like mine and like it shows the floors of stairs climbed too.
  • fluffychick73
    Options
    I am so excited! I wore it all weekend. Saturday I was fighting to get to 10,000 steps, as we traveled a lot, so it was a day of windshield time and not really many steps. Yesterday I got over 17,000 steps and it said 54 flights of stairs!!
  • klg33087
    Options
    Getting my FitBit One soon (waiting on tax return). So excited to get it and actually be able to track my daily stuff!!
  • fluffychick73
    Options
    So far I am loving my FitBit One. Haven't really used the sleep feature yet. Mostly use it to track steps and flights of stairs. Still using my heart rate monitor for calorie burn during workouts. I have not been logging food on my FitBit either. I find if I have to log it in more than one place I get frustrated and quit logging all together. :)
  • disneybrass
    Options
    Just purchased one from EBAY, should be here on the 6th - very excited to put it to good use! :happy: