Introduce Yourself

2»

Replies

• Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    @Darrelkun: you truly look like one of my friends! :)
  • Hello I am lakena 21 yrs old mother of a 1 year old son im in the lawrenceville, ga area I'm doing this challenge because I'm trying to loose weight 60lbs and live a healthier lifestyle for me and my child.
  • Hello, my name is Carla, 27, 5'4" tall, and weigh 139.5lbs. It's not too late to join, is it? I started using mufitnesspal since the beginning of January so I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this thing. Any help would be gret!:) I have to loose weight for a wedding in may. Ideally I want to loose 20-30lbs but I'd be happy with even 15 since 125 has always been my healthy weight. I gained all these unwanted weight withine the last 7 months since I stopped being active and ate more than I needed to. It was so fast and easy to gain the weight, I hope loosing it will be just the same. I don't believe in crash/starvation diets since none have worked out well for me. I prefer to do it the right way by turning your body into a fat burning machine- eat right and exercise. I think that should be the real goal if you don't your weight to bounce back- it's a complete change of lifestyle, unless it just runs in your genes to be skinny! Lol anyway I love biking or anything outdoors. I bike 3-4/week about 1-3hrs per ride n according to myfitness app i burn about 300+ calories,( i dont know how accurate that is) but I need to start working on my strength training, mainly arms, abs, and legs. I have p90x and insanity which I haven't done.. Lazy me! As far as my diet goes I eat an average 1500cals/day(yes I have had a few extremely bad days especially in the beginning!) I don't know which group ill be place in this challenge but looking forward to loosing weight with all of you! :)
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Hello, I am interested in this challenge. I am 59 yo major yo-yo dieter. I have been with MFP for a long time but I have not been posting anything for about a year but I really need to get started again. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
  • I'm Nikki, I'm 5'6, 238 lbs and I'm 20yrs old. I recently found out I have PCOS and I am motivated to lose the weight so that hopefully my husband and I can start a family. I noticed about 2 years ago that I was starting to put on weight and couldn't get it off. I was always a relatively fit person, I weighed in at about 140 when I graduated. And then for unexplained reasons I was gaining weight. I didn't change my diet, I did the same about of activity, I've never really exercised, I have always just been active, Kayaking, horseback riding, hiking, things like that. I am determined to lose the weight. I want to be able to do things with my family again and not feel like I'm slowing them down. I'm already 11lbs down!
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Hello, I am Kim, I weigh 212.4 as of yesterday and am 5'4" and 49. I want to weigh 150 by October of this year. I have already lost over 90 pounds from my highest weight in 2013 and so I know I am on the right path. I like the accountability of MFP and the encouragement of groups. By March 31st, I would like to weigh 190. An ambitious goal but something that will challenge me each day. My official weigh-in days are Wednesdays.
  • @jessica hi there! I see we have a couple things in common. I'm also going to be maid of honor to my sisters wedding this coming may. We have 3-4 months to go!!! I'm trying to get down to 115-120lbs being 5'4" at 139lbs. 20+lbs in 4months should be doable.. (I hope) so were about the same except youre much taller. :) I've never had to diet before it just happens naturally when I've got projects/work to do. When I stay busy i either loose or maintain a good weight. But since I've been a stay at home mom the most activity i do would probably be grocery shopping! lol since I don't go out or do much anymore it's been hard not to gain any weight. You know? Well if you'd like you can add me as a friend on the app so we can keep each other posted. :) good luck!
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    @Sandylovesm Oh yeah? :3 That's pretty neat, haha!
  • ivydenis1
    ivydenis1 Posts: 5 Member
    I realized I never put my height and weight! I am 5'4 and 219 lbs
  • jeskuhsmeekers
    jeskuhsmeekers Posts: 131 Member
    yeah it's hard to lose it being a stay at home mom. I've been a stay at home mom for a little over a year i couldn't go back to work with 3 kids 2 and younger and it seems impossible to lose this extra weight from the twins. I want to lose 40-50 lbs before the wedding and i'm already down 8 in 2 weeks. I finally got serious about working out and paying attention to what im eating. WE CAN DO IT !! haha we still have 4 months and i think we can accomplish it by then and im definitely going to add you.
  • Hello, my name is Susan, I am new to "my fitness pal", I am hoping It will help me open me open my eyes again. My challenge for today is to check out the data base of exercise and pick two or three and work on them for about fifteen minutes so I can get a good thirty minutes of concentrated exercise in. .. "Good Luck to All"
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Hi Susan, you won't be disappointed, I can tell you! I see inspirational people everyday on here, who just began like you, joining MFP one day and respecting their commitments. You will see this community is amazing even if there are idiots everywhere. But I believe people on here want less to judge others, they really want to help! Congrats for joining us, and good luck for this challenge!
  • Hi. My name is Rob I'm 290lbs and I want to be down 100 lbs or more. I joined this group to help keep me on track . Can't wait for it to begain.
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    A bit late, but I only just found this group.

Another Aussie here (hi Emily!), so I'll be using metric measurements that I'll need to convert to pounds for y'all (Did I say that right? Y'all? Yawl? Hmm....)

I'm around 40kgs overweight (89 lbs) and it sucks! So over it. I only just decided this morning that I was going to aim to get to 90kgs (just under 200 lbs) by Easter. I came across this challenge at the right time! On top of which, Biggest Loser Australia 2014 just started on the weekend and it's motivated me to get moving again. :D

Stats - Height 174cm = 5'8"
    Weight 104.9kg = 231.5 lb
    Age 28 Female
  • My name is Catherine. I am from MO. I have struggled with my weight all my life. Currently, my husband is deployed. I would like to be under 200 lbs by the time I see him in March.

Those are beautiful flowers. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. He will be elated to see you again irregardless of whatever weight you may be at. I'm sure he could care less the number on your scale. Do this for you. :flowerforyou:

Thank you! They were from my dh. They were the most beautiful roses I had ever seen, such a unique color. You are right. I am doing this mainly for me, but a little for him too.