rainysue34 Posts: 42 Member
Our little one finally arrived!

The quick details:
Elliot Ephraim
Jan 11 @ 10:41pm
20 inches, 10lb 10oz
successful VBAC

The longer details:
He was expected on December 29th but didn't make his appearance until Jan 11 (41w6d). I had been at 3-4cm for several weeks with some pre-laboring but baby was staying nice and cozy. Finally, we went in for an induction. AROM did the trick; no pitocin needed thankfully. Less than six hours later baby made his arrival. Everything went very smoothly until the end when his shoulder got stuck. The doctor had to reach in and pull the other arm out so the stuck shoulder could get through. Since I was doing a drug-free birth, I felt everything and was screaming at the top of my lungs. I ended up with a 3rd degree tear. :sad: It took the doctors close to an hour to sew me up. That part really sucked but the good news is that baby is doing wonderfully and I was able to avoid a repeat c-section. :happy:

Looking forward to reading more birth stories soon!

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your little-big guy and on a VBAC!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the successful vacation. That is an amazing accomplishment. Good news about no damage to the baby's shoulder either!
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Eek, sorry to hear about getting his shoulder stuck but congrats on a healthy boy! I hope you're both doing well!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • rachael116
    Options
    Wow. Hope you are feeling better!! Congrats and I love the name! (my brother's name is Ephram!)