What would your dream wedding be like?

Options
melbann
melbann Posts: 115 Member
Everyone has to have a dream wedding right! From the dress to the venue to everything! So what is yours? Mine is:

Dress: I want a beautiful form fitting (because instead of weighing in the 200s I will be 125-135 lbs) drop waist gown. With ruching in all the right places.

Theme: The theme would be rustic, since I live in the country. With candle holders made out of trees to make center pieces and burlap decorations, all done in a tasteful elegant way.

Venue: I would love to have it in an old barn that was in good shape and not dirty. There is one around here that someone has just for the rustic type of wedding!

Food: I would love to have it catered by someone with actual servers rather then a buffet.

Cake: I've had fondant before and was not a huge fan but on pinterest I saw the coolest thing, a NAKED cake. It was so rustic and beautiful looking I think that is what I would want!

So what about you girls?

Replies

• kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You and I think alike, girl!

I recently found the dress I think will make me the happiest on my wedding day, goal weight or not! It's a beautiful chiffon A-line dress with a sweetheart neckline, flower details at the bosom that trail down to a naturally fit waist, and a subtle ruffle skirt.

The theme is rustic chalkboard. We will be using wildflowers, burlap, lace, mason jars, candles and chalkboards to decorate the venue. The primary color is purple but because we are using wildflowers, there will be pops of other colors such as light blue and yellow.

The venue is a beautiful cabin camp from 1929 that has been made into a beautiful garden park for rustic weddings. The venue includes catering that we have not finalized yet, but it is service catering which makes me a happy bride!

I am in LOVE with naked cakes and would absolutely love to have one myself! Ideally, I'd love to do a yellow naked cake with white buttercream and fresh seasonal berries.