Just WOW at the main board

Options
tskvaughn
tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
I ventured out on the main board and people are just plain rude, maybe it is just the younger generation. I wonder if these people are that rude in real life.
Would like to see more discussion on this board. Seems like a "safe" place. :laugh:
I realize I am new, but how do we get more activity here?
Toni

Replies

• marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I agree that the main boards are...shall we say "interesting"? That said, there are lots of things to learn there just by reading, and if you do read, and do searches of topics you are interested in, you'll find that the same things come up over and over, and the responses are pretty predictable. I could make a long list of those topics, but if you hang around, you'll soon find out for yourself!
    The thing to remember is that not everyone is on MFP to lose weight. There is a very large contingent of people who are into lifting heavy and body recomposition. You'll see a lot of them on the chit-chat forum. There are a large number of people who become very impatient with posters who ask a question and don't accept the answers. These threads generally revolve around very low calorie diets, meal replacement shakes and the like. Clean eating is another one. When someone posts about all the mean people, that's like putting gas on a fire, and after all it is the Internet and just like in real life, the message sometimes gets lost in the delivery.
    In my opinion, the best thing to do is develop a good friends list and ask questions there. Or here!
    Request on the way!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    what a lovely reply. I agree. Good luck to boht of you. It's quite a journey heh.