Got My Fitbit!

DJRonnieLINY
DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
Looking like a great compainion tool for MFP. In less than 12 hours I can see how my actual daily calorie burn is greater than the MFP estimates. Going to be a real help when I transition to maintaining. Looking forward to see how my daily and weekly averages develop.

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    What did you get? I have the Zip and I love it! It inspires me to walk, that the stairs, etc. The company has fantastic customer service, btw.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    I am so getting 1 of these things!!!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    Got the Force. Dat 1 I surpassed the 10,000 step goal and a 180 calore net adjustment into MFP. Also tracked my sleep pattern. Very cool.
  • Bubirn
    Bubirn Posts: 44 Member
    I have the fitbit one. Wore my last one faithfully but then it got washed don't seem to be a faithful with the new one. Will need to work on our bonding, lol.

I have a question regarding the exercise. I wear it to the gym so it is already calculating the treadmill steps but not so much the elliptical, so I entered that on the exercise log. I didn't want to enter the treadmill because I thought it would double count my steps?? Anyone know how I document the treadmill time without confusing my actual steps?

Thanks,
    Gerri
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    I want the new Garmin ViVo. It works with a heart rate monitor that works with their other products, (also looking at an Edge to track my cycling). That's a lotta tech, but I'm a geek!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    @Burbin: Two choices -

1) when you enter the treadmill as Cardio in MFP it will ask you for a start time (if you sync the accounts) and will disregard the FitBit calorie adjustment for that time period. MFP does not count steps so there will be no double reporting. FitBit will count the steps for your daily log but will import the calorie adjustment in from MFP.

2) Sync the accounts and do not enter treadmill, or other walking/running cardio, into MFP. MFP will then import the FitBit calorie adjustment. On the Fitbit site add the activity and the FitBit site will tell you how many steps and calories the device recorded.

I tried both and prefer to let FitBit calculate the Running/Walking cardio so my records are consistant. Other types of cardio must be entered into MFP as FitBit cannot account for swimming or kayaking etc.