Another birth announcement

Options
miranda_mom
miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
Gabriel James
January 15, 2014
7 lbs 6 oz
21 inches long

My water broke around 3am but I wasn't positive that's what it was. I Started having irregular contractions around a half an hour later. They were so irregular and I wasn't sure I was in labor so I probably waited longer than I should have but it was the middle of the night and I didn't want to wake my husband, daughter, and mom up for nothing. When they got more regular I called my mom and she was on her way to pick up my daughter. By the time she got there and we were ready to go to the hospital contractions were about 3 minutes apart. They were about two minutes apart by the time we got to the hospital. I had been two centimeters dilated last week at my 36 week appointment. Now I was 3-4. They were getting ready to admit me when they noticed the contractions were much stronger and closer together. They were trying to put an iv in for the epidural but the contractions were so close together they couldn't work on me in between. I felt the head and told them and they said I was fully dilated so no epidural. I was quickly wheeled back to the delivery room while crying about my epidural. When we got there all the doctors and nurses were suited up - scrubs, drapes, and everything. The doctor said it was time to push! I pushed for about five minutes and he was out. It was very painful to give birth without meds but I felt great afterwards!

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Enjoy that baby :D
  • rainysue34
    rainysue34 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your little one! Enjoy the new adventures!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Well done you. I'm glad it was so quick but sorry to hear you missed your epidural - I'm very nervous about that happening to me!

Lovely name too.
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! And what a lovely name :)
  • rachael116
    Options
    Congrats! I also love the name :) Hope you are all feeling well