Tell your story

Options
I'm 18 and I've always been the bigger one. I was a chubby kid and a overweight teen. All of my friends were and are so pretty and small I've always been the quote on quote "fat friend" I come from a very ethnic diverse and soulful family . Big fans of fried pork chops, greens, Mac and cheese , chicken and red velvet cake. Makes me sick thinking about it. My aunts and grandmother all have diabetes and I have pre-diabetes that I can eat and work my way out of. It used to seem like every Monday I was on a new dad diet or I always caught myself saying "I'll start tomorrow" and we all know this feeling but .... Tomorrow never came. I came to a realization when I saw a video of myself. Now I'm on this 80 lbs weightloss journey, what's your story ? ????

Replies

• ablair71
    ablair71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a lot older now I am 42. That seemed old to me when I was 18. I started having to loose weight when I was in 4th grade when I lost 60 pounds my mom controlled my food intake and I was a competitive swimmer. I kept if off for as long as I was active. For me I was the tiny one barely 5 feet and 90-110 pounds.What happened was my mom, dad, and grandfather died when I was 17 then I started eating and was really depressed. I gained 70 pounds really quickly. Finally I got it together and managed to get down to 145-150 pounds not perfect but definitely liveable. I got pregnant for the 3rd time and gained weight,but that baby died when I was 7.5 months along. I gained almost 100 pounds after that. I now weigh in at over 220 pounds. I basically have a person to loose before I can be healthy according to my doctor. I hope that we can help each other and others be accountable. I have set up an exercise schedule and will be looking at healthy diets that I can live with for the rest of my life. I will keep you posted at what I find.:love: :
  • artrunner89
    artrunner89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 24 years old. I got a job about 8 months back (all day sitting in front of a computer) Needless to say I have gained over 20 lbs just on that factor alone. My family is also cursed with the baby fat gene that comes back and never goes away. I find myself focusing on other peoples flat stomachs and wishing to be comfortable in my own skin again.

I vow to kick the starch and carbs (except for good ones like fruits and veggies) AND rid myself of this flabby belly for good!
  • Khloe_Nicole
    Khloe_Nicole Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 27 years old. Im a Correctional Officer. Im married with 3 handsome sons. I lost 40lbs in 2012 but I gained them back last year. I am an emotional eater and I binge when I am depressed. I totally lack motivation right now and I need help. My starting weight is 258