Thinking like a Thin Person

Options
njitaliana
njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
My friend (katefitin14) and I have started to read a book called, "The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person" by Judith Beck. It uses cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to help the reader learn how to overcome things such as sabotaging thoughts. We start week one of the book this week. I am excited about using this book (it has a workbook, too), because I find that my mindframe plays into my dieting success/failure a great deal. So, hopefully, the techniques taught in this book will be helpful to my friend and me.

Replies

• JECole2013
    JECole2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow, keep us posted on the tips and your progress. Thanks!
  • Katefitin14
    Katefitin14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi yes njitaliana and I plan to discuss the book and do the exercises as we both have lost weight time and time again but we need to look at the psychological/emotional issues that keep us fat. Cognitive therapy is used in addiction recovery so that is the premise of this book.
  • JECole2013
    JECole2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been spending a lot of time lately trying to understand all the variables of my obesity in order to stay in the place of "remission" ...

Emotional eating I think is really important to understand, because for me it is connected.

Thanks for keeping us all posted!