A positive choice I made today

Options
Hi group,

Sometimes in this journey, there may be days in which it is hard to see the good or positives. And those are the days that any little positive thing is a victory and a triumph.

If you have done something positive or chose a positive choice and would like to share it please feel free to share it in this thread.

It is always nice to see what others have done and what good things are happening in our friends lives.

Replies

• LittleonebeforethethroneofGod
    Options
    Today, after supper I was 132 calories over my goal. I was very tired and did not feel to well. However, I with the grace of God, was able to walk for 30 minutes, and bring my calories back under my required amount and not go over today. :) I think that is the positive choice that stands out for today.
    Options
    I'm glad that eve though I wanted frito pie today, I took a walk and then are food according to my diet. It sure was hard, but that frito pie will be tasting really good on Sunday. :)
  • sue4981
    sue4981 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I didn't have such a good day food wise so I'm really digging for some positives here. Right now I'm drinking water, I'm having fresh salad at dinner and watching my portion sizes. We have a nasty snow storm going on today and I got into that hibernation mode and ended up skipping breakfast and overeating for lunch. I suppose one positive is that I am not letting it ruin my entire day. I'm choosing to eat healthy at dinner. I don't have to throw in the towel completely I can make another choice. :smile:
    Options
    I didn't have such a good day food wise so I'm really digging for some positives here. Right now I'm drinking water, I'm having fresh salad at dinner and watching my portion sizes. We have a nasty snow storm going on today and I got into that hibernation mode and ended up skipping breakfast and overeating for lunch. I suppose one positive is that I am not letting it ruin my entire day. I'm choosing to eat healthy at dinner. I don't have to throw in the towel completely I can make another choice. :smile:

That is a great positive. Thanks for sharing. It's amazing how well the day can go when we choose to not let things ruin our day. I'm working harder to think positive instead of being negative or expecting the worst, your post has inspired me to keep thinking positively.
    Options
    Today I got into an argument with a really good friend of mine over something. Well I got angry, but before five minutes went by, I had the grace to make a positive choice to go and apologize to this person, listen to their side of their story, and try to understand them. As a result this argument which would have refined my day before, I chose not to let it ruin it. I chose to start the morning over, and you know what today's been really blessed because of it. Also the relationship between this person and I, I feel is stronger now because we had a chance to work out our differences and to understand and learn about each other more.

Perhaps making good healthy choices in food, is helping me also to make good decisions I'm other areas of my life.
  • Jho8217
    Jho8217 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing Littleone! I'm so happy that you were able to be strong in a difficult situation! Thats tough but you did it!! A positive choice that I made today was try to be more patient with my children and really focus on them rather than what needs to be done around the house. Cleaning can wait - its important to really connect and understand your children. I have done well today.
  • sue4981
    Options
    Today I got into an argument with a really good friend of mine over something. Well I got angry, but before five minutes went by, I had the grace to make a positive choice to go and apologize to this person, listen to their side of their story, and try to understand them. As a result this argument which would have refined my day before, I chose not to let it ruin it. I chose to start the morning over, and you know what today's been really blessed because of it. Also the relationship between this person and I, I feel is stronger now because we had a chance to work out our differences and to understand and learn about each other more.

Perhaps making good healthy choices in food, is helping me also to make good decisions I'm other areas of my life.

Yes! Healthy food choices does seep into other areas as well :) Glad you were able to work things out, nice job!
    Options
    Thats amazing Littleone! I'm so happy that you were able to be strong in a difficult situation! Thats tough but you did it!! A positive choice that I made today was try to be more patient with my children and really focus on them rather than what needs to be done around the house. Cleaning can wait - its important to really connect and understand your children. I have done well today.

I know children and Mom time will be so much appreciated. I am very thankful that Mom and Dad tried to spend time with us kids, even though at the time I was not thankful for it. Glad to see the children coming first, the cleaning can wait and a bonus - it burns calories =D
    Options
    I made a positive choice in waiting until I got home to eat more food. I was hungry today especially this evening. Once I got home I had a real nice meal and have stayed under my calories.
    Options
    Yesterday, instead of not exercising because the weather was too cold, I did a workout on my ipad for 10 minutes and then I cleaned house. Today's another cold day, so I'm going to do some more cleaning.
  • sue4981
    Options
    Positive choices I made yesterday (since I didn't get on to post)...

I increased by water intake... since it's so cold here i added plain decaf hot tea to get more fluids.
    I left some of my lunch when I was full.
    I took the time to have breakfast instead of leaving myself starving by lunchtime.

:)
    Options
    Positive choices I made yesterday (since I didn't get on to post)...

I increased by water intake... since it's so cold here i added plain decaf hot tea to get more fluids.
    I left some of my lunch when I was full.
    I took the time to have breakfast instead of leaving myself starving by lunchtime.

:)

The teas are making a huge difference in the amount of water I am drinking. I find drinking plain water is hard for me to do. Good for you.
    Options
    I followed through on my nutritionists advice yesterday even though I didn't want to. It was hard trying to eat a little more in trying to balance out the day before.