Trouble Sleeping?

Options
_Pseudonymous_
_Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
Hey, does anyone else have issues sleeping? Specifically with the getting out of bed in the morning? I never considered this to be related to my Hashi's until I spoke with a coworker who I just found out has it as well. She was describing how hard it has been to get out of bed in the morning with Hashi's. I was just going to see if any of you experience this and furthermore if you have any advice to help me get my happy little booty out of bed in order to get to exercising before work. When I get off it's too late (work two jobs about 75 hours a week on average). Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!! :)

Replies

• VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I drag my butt out of bed everyday! It is a little easier when I get over 6 hours but I often wake up so I know I'm not resting well! Takes me about an hour in the morning of just functioning before I'm really starting to wake up :)

I thnk with a 75 hour work week you might just be too exhausted to get up earlier!! My schedule gets crazy hectic and I have decided to try to squeeze short workouts in thru my day. Working pretty well so far. Fitness blender.com has as amazing selection of short exercise options! Some 6, 8 or 12 minute routines, I especially like the Kettlebell ones!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That was actually really helpful! I recently decided to try sleeping in my workout clothes so I don't even have to worry about changing. lol. Sad but it helped. That and reading or stimulating my mind a little bit while laying in bed. Gives my body a chance to catch up without me falling asleep for another hour! lol. I will definitely look into those workouts though! Sounds like exactly what I need in order to get some workouts in when working a 15 hour day!
  • natyasa
    natyasa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have trouble sleeping, but in a different sense. I usually wake up 1-2 times during the night and can't go back to sleep. So when I DO go back to sleep (usually around 4 or 5am), I have a REALLY HARD TIME getting up when I'm supposed to. Anyone else have the same issue?
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    ooooyyyy this is something that I feel like sticks..FOREVER! I almost always have to drag myself out of bed, no matter how much sleep I've gotten. Once I'm up and going I'm (usually) ok. I also hardly ever get a full nioght's sleep - it's either I have a super hard time falling asleep, or staying asleep all night.
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have trouble either falling asleep or staying asleep! I absolutely think it is due to my thyroid!
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yes sleep disturbance is one of the big issues with hashi's. You may want to try some Natural Calm or Magnesium Citrate to help with this. I have found it works best an hour before bed and then I will drink it during the day if I am feeling stressed. As for falling a sleep I have NEVER had an issue with this. I can fall a sleep anywhere anytime.... it's just actually just staying a sleep. Also when there is a full moon I will wake up 3 to 4 times a night URGH I hate those nights!