October wedding!

Options
I am getting married on October 18! Working on losing 45 pounds and started T25 today! Excited to share with you all and feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Forever99lbs
    Forever99lbs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

I gave up on T25. Ab intervals, total body circuit and lower focus kills my back.
  • OohShiny19
    Options
    Omg!! We are getting married on October 18th too!!
  • Viv5tar
    Options
    October 19 here! Good luck girls :)
  • JulieDevany
    JulieDevany Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck! I'm getting married on Halloween! We're having a costume party with vows. LOL
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck! I'm getting married on Halloween! We're having a costume party with vows. LOL

Sounds totally awesome! I am getting married on October 11th. Seems like it will be here tomorrow before we know it ladies! I just purchased my dress last Wednesday and love the way it finally feels on me. Tried it on last September and wasnt happy so I pushed hard, lost 13lbs and a dress size.
    Since I started my weight loss journey last April I have lost around 37lbs. I was hoping to get to around 120 (currently 124-126) but Im starting to think this is a pretty good fit for me and just work on toning up. Best of luck to ya'll!
  • Kacieso
    Kacieso Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We're 10-10! October is a good month I guess!
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    10/12/14! I also think October is a great month, but maybe I'm biased. :)

I would love more October wedding friends! I was off track for a bit, but now I need to get back in the game! It seems like a long way away, but I know it's right around the corner!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    October 4th here :) 218 days to go! Good luck to everyone with your goals and planning! Its coming up soon!
  • haliebest
    haliebest Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on October 25, 2014! I bought my dress at the end of December and currently weigh about 9 pounds less than I did then. My dress has arrived and I am going in to try it on Saturday. I'm excited to see what it looks/feels like!

I'm hoping to lose at least 20 more pounds before my wedding. Glad to see there's a support group out there for people with similar goals. Feel free to add me :)
  • catinkpin
    catinkpin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We're wedding twins :) !
    Also getting married 25 Oct 2014

I've ordered my dress but when I tried it I was in my best shape pretty well ever so I'm now on tenterhooks to see if it will fit - on a mission to make sure it does
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi you all,

October 5th bride over here :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone is in the "good path".

I have less than 24 weeks to my big day, and i really would like to loose 12 to 18lbs

Kisses to all,
    Tatyanne
  • lauratheresewaters
    lauratheresewaters Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 25th october... wish I had of started sooner now!! I want to loose about 3 stone so really need to go for it!

Feel free to add me :)
  • hlw84
    hlw84 Posts: 5
    Options
    October 25th Bride here too!! EEEEeeekkk!!

Congratulations to all of you girlies!! We're going to look A-Mazing!!

We got engaged in December, and I have already bought my dress. It 'fit' when I tried it on, and it's been ordered in the next size up, but I sure want to make sure that alterations are needed to make it smaller!!

What's everyones routine like for this be-you-tiful bride-to-be weight loss/get fit journey?

I have just renewed my gym membership and purchased a FitBit Flex ...and hope that it's really going to motivate me to keep my butt moving! I plan on hitting the gym to do a mix of cardio (Couch25k) and Strength training... I worked out with a trainer 2 years ago and got down to 174, but fell off that ol' wagon, and seem to just go around in circles... but I still have the training plan to follow (let me know if you want a copy) The heaviest I have been is 225, and I REALLY don't want to ever be there again.

I am currently at 200lbs... and would like to get back to the weight that I was when we first started dating which is 162lbs... but I may just push it to 160, you know, for that extra challenge!!

I'm really excited to have found a group that has the same time-line as me... those in the same 'pounds to lose' range as me, feel free to add me so we can kick each others butt!
  • Raven2evil
    Raven2evil Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married October 3 at Alchemy the Georgia burn. I've got a bit of work to do. And I'm super excited, lets do this.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's May and my calender tells me we have about 5 months left till we say I DO. EEEKKK!!! Does anyone else feel like they are accomplishing goals? I have lost around 40lbs over the past year that I have been on this site but overall I still feel like I can work on a few areas like my gobble arms. LOL! I am at a comfortable weight and know that my dress will fit perfect except for a few alterations that they wont do until August. Darn girls are still big but look awkward in my dress since I have lost some weight and Im still short 5'2" so I have to shorten my dress. I have a set of 5lb and 8lbs weights so maybe I should start doing something with those to help with my arms to get them where I want to be. Suggestions anyone? And also keep on doin fabulous ladies we are almost there :smile:
  • hlw84
    hlw84 Posts: 5
    Options
    You have 2 sets of the perfect free-weights! I worked out with a trainer a few years ago and my arms were looking amazing by the time I'd done with her... Don't even get me started on what they look like now. A complete FAIL! Urgh...

Anyways, they'll come back, I know it, because i'm going to make it happen... BUT... this is what I did with her, twice a week... I've included links to youtube videos because I have no idea how to explain the exercises otherwise! LOL I did (and will do) each exercise x10, and then go through it again for 2 or 3 sets depending on how much time I have!

- Push Ups x 10
    - Crossover Push Ups x 10 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSlwGQRJm0Y)
    - Bicep Curl to Overhead Press x 10 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdzDTgIR6Q8)
    - Standing Cable Fly x 10(you can use a cable machine at the gym, or a resistance band... like i used, at home!)
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8k5T1F-W9c)
    - Reverse Standing Cable Fly x 10 (again, you can use the cable machine in the gym, or a resistance band)
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xl2xnqsLSw)
    - Tricep Kickbacks x 10 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3M7aKUJymc)

This site is great too! -http://workoutlabs.com/workout-plans/the-summer-sleeveless-arms-15-minute-toning-workout/

Hope this helps!!

XO
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 October 2015 - haven't really started planning anything yet except my diet!

Minimum goal is to drop 70lbs by January 2015 so that I can start dress shopping! Tomorrow marks 1 month in and 14 pounds gone. Hope I can do it! :/
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS hlw84, thank you thank you thank you!!! This is amazing! This is exactly what I've been looking for!

I had a trainer at one point, but I used up all my sessions, and was pretty intimidated by everything when I went to the gym by myself. This will really help!!
  • kvenable8
    kvenable8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi All, it seems there's tons of us getting married on October 18th...me included!
    October will be such a gorgeous month to get married and with four months to go it's all getting very real, eh?

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing with their goals? I've got 20ish lbs to lose by my big day, and I'm feeling the pressure. Is anyone else in a similar boat?

Also, when are you guys having your dress alterations??

Thanks! xx
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi October Brides!!!
    One month ago I commited with #100FitnessDays.

Today is my D21 (I only count when I do a Jillian workout video)
    I'm in that TOM and I'm feeling a little bloated, however today was measurement day for me, and I would love to share my results with you all...

ixusuu.png

I'm amazed :happy:
    In one month less 2.4lbs and less 11.2 inches total.
    Ah, and I lost 7.4 lbs of fat :drinker:
    I'm so proud of myself. :flowerforyou:

Kisses to you all,
    Tatyanne