JECole2013 Posts: 65 Member
Hey group members,

How about introducing yourself to all.

Please answer the following:
1. How would you like to be called here? My answer, Julie

2. How much weight are you trying to loose? My answer, 40-50 pounds

3. Age? if you are willing to share? My answer, 50

4. Yo-yo dieter? Yep

5. Highest amount lost during one effort? My answer, 140 pounds as a result of gastric bypass surgery 14 years ago.

6. Biggest challenge? Night-time eating and sugar addition

7. Current plan? Following the AMA guidelines for weight loss and management for those who are obese. This includes daily appetite suppressant, 1200 calories daily, Mostly real foods, few processed foods, lots of water, 100-200 calorie burn on exercise, 1000-500 calorie deficit while loosing. Get protein, fat amount MFP tells me and stay under carb count.

Happy loosing all! And have a great week.

Replies

• Katefitin14
    Katefitin14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1. How would you like to be called here? My answer, Kate is fine :)

2. How much weight are you trying to loose? My answer, 50-70 pounds

3. Age? if you are willing to share? My answer, 53 next month

4. Yo-yo dieter? kind of a serial dieter

5. Highest amount lost during one effort? 20lbs. this is my nemesis I keep getting to about 20 and then stopping. I refuse to let that happen again.

6. Biggest challenge? carbs and salty snacks

7. Current plan? Healthy eating within 1250-1350 calories. Based on WW power foods selection. Beginner exercise level so a long way to go in that area. Research on emotional eating, psychological aspects of obesity and other medical research on obesity.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1. How would you like to be called here? My name is Carly

2. How much weight are you trying to loose? over 100 pounds

3. Age? if you are willing to share? 31

4. Yo-yo dieter? yeah

5. Highest amount lost during one effort? 30 lbs

6. Biggest challenge? over eating

7. Current plan? calorie deficit eating everything in moderation.
  • JECole2013
    Options
    Hello Carly and Kate! Welcome.

Anyone else want to say hello!

I know you can both get to goal! Staying connected is really important as one variable to this battle.

Here are a few more questions:

1. Either of you seen a doctor? Now that obesity is classified as a disease, there seem to me more options for help, I've noticed ... not perfect, but a little better.

I still got the doctor who looked at me through that judgmental glare and said "you just need to change your habits" but I found a second doctor who helped. I wanted to say to the first doctor, "Oh really, please tell me something I don't know!" But I didn't.

2. What is the number one motivator for you? And how are you staying motivated?
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Nice to get to know everyone. Here are my answers.

1. How would you like to be called here? Either njitaliana or Maryann

2. How much weight are you trying to loose? More than 100 lbs

3. Age? if you are willing to share? I'll turn 60 next week.

4. Yo-yo dieter? I guess so.

5. Highest amount lost during one effort? 126 lbs, which I put back on due to 2 years of illness and injury.

6. Biggest challenge? Night-time eating. (Usually potato chips and cheese)

7. Current plan? I'm sticking pretty closely to South Beach Diet with mostly home-cooked meals made up of lean meats, lowfat dairy, whole grains, nuts, beans, seeds, vegetables, fruits. But, I'm not being a purist, since I have to eat like this for life. So, although I eat mostly healthy foods, I'll have turkey sausage or lunch meat sometimes. I'll have bacon bits on salads sometimes. I'll have occasional mashed potatoes, even though they aren't on South Beach Diet. But, I'm mostly sticking to the plan.
  • JECole2013
    Options
    Welcome Maryann!

And happy upcoming birthday!!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just saw this in the message boards and I thought I could use some more support so here I am.

1. How would you like to be called here? Melissa or Mel

2. How much weight are you trying to loose? 140 lbs

3. Age? if you are willing to share? 46 years young

4. Yo-yo dieter? Yes

5. Highest amount lost during one effort? Haven't really lost much ever. Maybe 25 lbs

6. Biggest challenge? Staying motivated

7. Current plan? I am currently staying around 1300-1500 calories, eating whole fresh foods. I cut out regular soda (I have a diet every now and again) sugar and pretty much everything that is processed.
    I just joined the local YMCA and started working out 3 times a week and I am doing some home modified workouts (bad knee's, back, & ankle. I have asthma as well. SO I have to be careful on what kind of exercises I do. I also love the pool and get there is often as I can.

It is good to be in a group that understands what it is like to be morbidly obese.
  • 2000chances
    2000chances Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just saw this in the message boards and I thought I could use some more support so here I am.

1. How would you like to be called here? Melissa or Mel

2. How much weight are you trying to loose? 140 lbs

3. Age? if you are willing to share? 46 years young

4. Yo-yo dieter? Yes

5. Highest amount lost during one effort? Haven't really lost much ever. Maybe 25 lbs

6. Biggest challenge? Staying motivated

7. Current plan? I am currently staying around 1300-1500 calories, eating whole fresh foods. I cut out regular soda (I have a diet every now and again) sugar and pretty much everything that is processed.
    I just joined the local YMCA and started working out 3 times a week and I am doing some home modified workouts (bad knee's, back, & ankle. I have asthma as well. SO I have to be careful on what kind of exercises I do. I also love the pool and get there is often as I can.

It is good to be in a group that understands what it is like to be morbidly obese.

Hey Mel....welcome.....check out my blog for the latest info on this disease...