If you've lost significant weight/Online Profile

Options
CTcutie
CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
Just curious: If you've lost significant weight, do you mention that on your online dating profile? Have you gotten pleasant responses, negative or indifferent responses?

I have seen several profiles like this (men), and I always think, "AWESOME!"... but what about the reverse?? Do single men see women post this on their profiles sometimes and think "AWESOME!", or think, "No, thanks. Where's Barbie/fit girl at?!"?

Replies

• grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Just one guy's perspective of this...

I have done the online dating thing a couple of times and had some fairly good experiences (6 months, 3 months and 10 months + ongoing). I am unsure exactly how I would feel if I was reading something in regards to a large weight loss.

I think it may turn some guys off to your profile. I look at the profiles as almost small talk between people. Your chance to learn a little about the person before really getting to know them.

If you were at a bar/club/concert/event/etc..., would you bring up losing all the weight in that first conversation? Undoubtedly you are proud of it and you should be, but I don't think it would be something to put right out in front. Just like you probably wouldn't bring up some kind of odd phobia, genetic abnormality, or eating disorder, so you likely wouldn't put that in your profile either.

And if nothing else, I would look at it like this. If you put it on there, you may limit your results to a degree; whereas if you don't, then that is one less red flag that might turn some guys away. Always lead with your best foot.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I agree... I wouldn't put it out there, either, but then again people in general seem to disclose an extreme amount of TMI between their profile and date number 1 to me. Not sure they realize that they are telling too much too soon and that that's a bad thing! Oh, the things I've heard...