NEWBIE alert - any fellow sleevers out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• tbarnerfamily
    Options
    I went to the surgeon today and I will be getting my surgery in May. Any suggestion to prepare mentally for this? I am going to get a journal and chart my meals, weight, and measurements before surgery and after. What do you think??
  • Bigigg23
    Options
    home now recovering feeling better than i thought i would. now i can start the new chapter in my life.
  • Aquafinaflo
    Aquafinaflo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    my sleeve date is 2/18. feel free to add me
  • Katmando12
    Options
    feel free to add me. I had vsg 11/6/13
  • Katmando12
    Options
    Start practicing the habit of no drinking 30 mins before and 30 mins after meals. That's tougher than you think.
    Good luck
  • trvandever
    trvandever Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am scheduled on February 19!
  • Flacuchenta2B
    Flacuchenta2B Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Flacuchenta2B
    Options
    Thanks for all the response!
  • Flacuchenta2B
    Options
    I think that you are on the right track. I am currently in the Options classes via Kaiser Permanente. I am guessing that I'll be sleeved @ April or May. I started the Options classes and pre-op diet @ the holidays. Disaster because, of course, I goofed here and there. This tool of logging in my meals from my iPad or phone has taken the place of actually jotting down every bite in a notebook, so I am grateful for living with our technology. In our class, they are recommending to start eating slowly, plan meals ahead and eat in smaller dishes, salad size. The most important thing that I have to modify here, is my brain, because I know that there will be times that I'll be 'provoked' to eat something - not because I am actually physically hungry, but brain hungry. I am discovering the triggers that lead to that habit (ex. cereal or sweets before bed while watching Downton or something.). Good luck -
  • klh193
    klh193 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Me too.. I'm scheduled for 2/27. So looking forward to this journey. Good luck to you!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I went to the surgeon today and I will be getting my surgery in May. Any suggestion to prepare mentally for this? I am going to get a journal and chart my meals, weight, and measurements before surgery and after. What do you think??
    I just use MyFitnessPal as my journal. I print out the reports to show my nutritionist and surgeon. I was sleeved 11/20/13. I have lost 52 lbs. I have a open diary so feel free to look at what I eat now. The biggest hurdle you will face is letting go of your Kryptonite foods. If you think you can hold on to the foods that made you obese-you would be wrong. Anyone can out eat weight loss surgery. The 1st 20 lbs are fairly automatic but after that it is all up to you. If the thought of never eating your favorite binge food ever again sends you into a panic I would delay surgery. Wt loss surgery does nothing to cure a food addiction. 97% of my diet now does not include anything made with ground grain or potato. I have made the decision to let them go. They are empty calories. I have seen too many people go thru surgery only to start eating pizza and pasta again because they thought they could "just eat a little". This is a powerful tool, but only a tool. 50% of people go thru the surgery, refuse to eat the 70% protein-25%veg-5%carb diet and regain it all. Good luck!
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You can add me I had my sleeve Oct 2012!!

Me too :)
  • Gardener0
    Gardener0 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Had the sleeve done Tuesday January 21st. Am doing well. Feel free to add me.
  • reisu
    reisu Posts: 16
    Options
    One week out from my sleeve on 1/27.
  • cdestrada
    cdestrada Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just had my sleeve on January 27th. I am 1 week post op, have lost 15 lbs since surgery and 31 lbs total. I am very excited for this journey.
  • Noncon4mist
    Options
    I am just starting my journey. I had a seminar with the surgeon last week. Going for nutrition seminar next week and then a physical and history with a physicians assistant a couple days later. Taking things one step at a time. Feel free to add me. I am happy to have support from those going through this journey.
  • rosie1222
    Options
    Hi I just got my sleeve January 22. I'm currently on Total Prerental Nutrition (TPN) because after my surgery when they brought the broth and jello for me to eat I became very nauseous and stayed that way the whole day. Found out i didn't do well with the anesthesia, so they placed me on a TPN for 2 weeks I have 3 days to go. I was doing it for 12 hours a day now down to 6 tomorrow I will go down to 3 apparently you can't just stop you have to be weened off. I'm feeling good lost 21 lbs and been slowly getting in the clear liquids and protein drinks. I have been having really bad Spasms on my left side where the incission is. Has anyone had this and how do you stop the pain??