Level 2 Day 12

Options
TseliB
TseliB Posts: 300 Member
My abs! My back! My shoulders! My upper arms! Really felt it today. Getting better at keeping up, but it's still tough going. Was literally screaming during the sitting squats with v raises! My knees felt a bit sore afterwards... Finding it hard to focus on form during the pendulum lunges - so that may have been the cause. Gonna start adding the knee circles from level 1 to the warm up and see if it makes a difference.

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I felt exactly the same way! So much better the second day through, though I'm still struggling with particular exercises. I did Day 12 last night and Day 13 this morning (can I mention how much I love how short and easy this workout is to fit into my day??). My legs are soooo sooooore! I'm feeling muscles in my arms!

I too have been having knee problems. I'm trying really hard to make sure my toes are pointed straight forward in the squats, because I have a tendency to turn my toes out on the side that is hurting, which I think may be the culprit. The pendulum lunges are no fun at all. I'm not going as deep into them as I probably should, but I'm so worried about tweaking my knee. I've upped the weight of the hand weights I use on those, and it's kind of nice because it gives me something else to focus on. It's doesn't feel as rough on my legs for some reason. That's a great idea about adding the knee circles. I think I'll do the same!

I can't believe how doable this workout seems to me. If I hadn't already made it through Level 1, I would really have had my doubts about my ability to do this after the first Day of Level 2. This site has been so motivating. I just keep thinking of everyone's before and after photos. I'm already a Day 10... I can't wait to be a Day 20! I love that we are all doing this together on this board. Keep it up, kids, we're nearly there!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Day 2 is done for me as well! Sheesh!! This is tough! I find myself pushing harder each day though. So I actually made it through the first round of chair sits/v-raises! 2nd round... well, I did the squats LOL! My arms are definitely feeling it though! Can't wait to see what changes this level brings...
  • calicutie05
    calicutie05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i finished day 4 of level 2... and ladies im telling you im starting to dread doing level 2.... it was just really tough..
    Like eep223 i'm really excited to get to day 20 so i can take and share my before and somewhat after pics with you all...
    I'm really glad that you all are here to support during this.

Quick question.. what do you all eat before you workout?
  • alli4795
    alli4795 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Team :) Just wanted to share two things that I really love about this group...

1 - I know that we're all in it together. And knowing that others are logging in and feeling successful every day inspires me to do another day

2 - I'm so relieved to hear that my struggles are not only my own. Throw abs and cardio at me and I'm fine (well, maybe not fine...) but anterior raises from Level 1 and these v-raise arm thingys in Level 2 just destroy me

The second one might not necessarily be a positive, but I do find it supportive to know that while others are challenged, you're pushing through and getting stronger every time. Keep it up!!

And I'll see you on here tomorrow :)
  • TseliB
    TseliB Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i finished day 4 of level 2... and ladies im telling you im starting to dread doing level 2.... it was just really tough..
    Like eep223 i'm really excited to get to day 20 so i can take and share my before and somewhat after pics with you all...
    I'm really glad that you all are here to support during this.

Quick question.. what do you all eat before you workout?

I do my workouts at like 4:30 or 5:00 am, so I eat nothing - straight out of bed and into the living room to work out. Don't know if that's good or bad :ohwell:
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it straight out of bed, too. I usually have some yogurt after, but I just guzzle water before and during. When I go for a run, though, I like a small snack before I start. A banana is my go to. Peanut butter sandwich. Cereal with nuts. Something carby/ proteiny.