Australian Open 2014

I'm in shock!!! Serena, Maria, Vikka, Djokovic and my guy Murray all out!!!

Replies

• DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 130 Member
    They probably lost on purpose cause of the heat.. It has been hot..Wish we some of that up here in Michigan
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    I hate playing in the heat, especially during daylight hours. I tend to play more of my tennis at night throughout the year. I do not play my best above 95 degrees.

I think it is good for tennis to get some new names involved in the latter rounds of a Grand Slam.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    This tournament has been amazing!! I was so happy to see Serena lose, then Vika, and I love Novak, but I really wanted to see someone else have a good run. Go Stan! I love him!! Was hoping for Roger to beat Rafa, but I knew it wouldn't happen.

So nice to see Cibulkova in the finals too. It was nice to see an unexpected face in the finals of a major.

Go Stan tonight!!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    And not to mention our Canadian girl Genie Bouchard! So nice that Canada is finally on the tennis map!!
  • DMZ_1
    And not to mention our Canadian girl Genie Bouchard! So nice that Canada is finally on the tennis map!!

Genie's performance was a good thing but her taste in music could improve. If she's going to like Canadian artists, a little less Justin Bieber, a little more Rush.

Good win for Stan too!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member

Genie's performance was a good thing but her taste in music could improve. If she's going to like Canadian artists, a little less Justin Bieber, a little more Rush.

Good win for Stan too!

Lol. Geddy Lee is 60. I'd be more worried if Genie had said she wanted to date HIM than Justin. But I'm impressed that a Texan is a Rush fan. I met Geddy briefly five years ago at a resort in the Muskoka's, and my daughter was on stage with Rush when they performed in Toronto last year. She donned a doctor's lab coat and a stethoscope and did some walk on side show thing for a few minutes.
  • DMZ_1

Good win for Stan too!

Lol. Geddy Lee is 60. I'd be more worried if Genie had said she wanted to date HIM than Justin. But I'm impressed that a Texan is a Rush fan. I met Geddy briefly five years ago at a resort in the Muskoka's, and my daughter was on stage with Rush when they performed in Toronto last year. She donned a doctor's lab coat and a stethoscope and did some walk on side show thing for a few minutes.

I wouldn't expect Genie to want to date Geddy Lee. That would be a bit unusual, but you never know. For instance, James Woods is 66 and currently has a 20 year old girlfriend.

My point was that musically Rush runs circles around Justin Bieber.

I think Genie would be a fun date for me.