Winter: YOUR SEASON!

Options
Stripeness
Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
Hello All,

I sincerely hope this group has been quiet due to lots of folks getting their IIH/PTC resolved. Seriously, I aspire to that for all of us.

Meanwhile, it is -12 degrees F outside where I am, and will be staying cold for some time. Yesterday I was out for a lovely walk/jog, and though bundled up, really enjoying myself.

People with IIH/PTC often have trouble with heat. If you like to get outdoors, that can be frustrating in warm climates. In California I'd get up before sunrise in order to walk before it got too hot. Been there? There are only so many layers you can peel off before facing indecency charges!

So let me encourage every one of you to take advantage of winter's cool temps. Get out there and do some walking. Doesn't have to be epic speed or distance, just move.

And, remember that every bit of fitness and every pound you drop not only moves you closer to (80% likely) resolving your IIH/PTC, but is going to make your summer more comfortable.

Happy Winter!

Replies

• Rachel_Susannah
    Options
    Hello!
    I am Rachel and while my ICH was resolved (was diagnosed in 2012), it has come back in full force. I am trying to lose weight to avoid the surgical complications that a shunt might create. I'm so glad to see that there is a support group here!