strong curves

Options
I just ordered this off Amazon, anyone done it? My glutes seriously need help! :)

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I'm really wondering about how it is set up :happy:
  • rexiecatmeow
    rexiecatmeow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is my first time hearing about it, I'd like to know how you like it once you've checked it out :)
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded it on iTunes and skimmed through it. I was considering jumping to the Advanced Gluteal Goddess workout after I finish up my current program but I'm still debating it.

I admit that I just flipped through the book for 1/2 hour- I didn't sit down and read it cover to cover yet. With that said, my biggest issue at this point is it doesn't look like something I can do at home. A lot of upper body work is done with cable machines which I do not have access to. I've got a rack, bench, bar, plates and pull-up bar. There are exercises that can be subbed but even those require equipment I would have to run out and purchase. Like an ab wheel and bands. I don't know that I'd use those items again after I ran the program.

Additionally, (and this is really stupid) I am having a hard time with the idea of departing from bench & OHP for 12 weeks. I don't know if I am willing to do that just yet!

So, still debating! I do know that I discovered hip thrusts because I saw a pin on pinterest last year of him doing one and because of that, I can now thank him for my booty!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    doing inch worm walk outs is a moderate sub for ab wheel.

It's hard to compete with the ab wheel- it gets a bad rep being gimmick but it's probably the one "gimmick" you could easily justify investing in.

Otherwise I'd just make do with plate weights and DB's. I prefer cable towers for certain things - but i lived years without one LOL. You can definitely sub stuff out. ... I would definitely be more concerned about the no benching!!!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to try it out, but I've never been to a REAL gym before (apartment complex crappy thing does not count lol). I have a lot of learning ahead, as I don't know how to properly do...well.....anything yet. :p
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    There's a lower body only program, which is what I'm doing 2- 3x a week &:following my own upper body 2 other days of the week. I started it a lil over a month ago and really like it. The book is worth getting and reading - I have much greater glute activation and muscle awareness. The eBook is a pain tho since they didn'4 page reference the exercise descriptions. I wound up getting the printed book for easier use and photocopying the workout logs.