How important is Protein to You? 1/23/2014

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/tapping-the-power-of-protein/2014/01/17/7b2d8c02-40b2-11e3-a624-41d661b0bb78_story.html?wpisrc=nl_health

A good read. I took a nutrition class again about 2 years ago just to keep myself up again on what registered dietitians teach and basically they coincided with this article. More research needs to be done
However the bottom line is we NEED protein! So, get it whether vegetarian, pescatarian, vegan or carnivore...get the most healthy proteins you can in your diet.

What protein are you eating today?! It does the body and immune system good!

WW

Replies

• DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My protein today is: two hard boiled eggs, ground bison in my my homemade bison and kale soup and a ribeye steak grilled to perfect (tonight)! Along with various vegetables throughout the day. Protein is tasty!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Let's see, today's protein: poached eggs, alfredo sauce (with intentionally overcooked soft pasta) and protein shakes. I had an EGD done today and I now have a VERY sore throat so I'm sticking to things that go down easy, have a feeling that this will be my type of proteins for a few days while my throat recovers from having been scoped.
  • Mazydasiy2001
    Mazydasiy2001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had some cheese and crackers as a snack today. But Thursday are such a hard day to plan for. Since my son has Boy Scout meetings on Thursday night. And i find were down to two things on Thursday eating out or fixing a sandwhich is all we have time for at dinner time. So not sure what kind of healthy thing to fix for Thursdays. Any suggestions for quick dinners ideas.

Kim
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I had some cheese and crackers as a snack today. But Thursday are such a hard day to plan for. Since my son has Boy Scout meetings on Thursday night. And i find were down to two things on Thursday eating out or fixing a sandwhich is all we have time for at dinner time. So not sure what kind of healthy thing to fix for Thursdays. Any suggestions for quick dinners ideas.

Kim
    Sandwiches can be good, or maybe get some tortillas, beans, rice (I'm talking the pop in the microwave for 90 seconds and it's done type), cheese and salsa and you can make some quick bean burritos (everything in this is microwave heatable). Sometimes I'll make extra spaghetti sauce so I can heat up pasta (8-10 mins) and the sauce (in the microwave if necessary) and have spaghetti. Or leftovers night is always good, everything goes in the microwave.