Yellow Purple Week 15 - Home Stretch!

Options
Pfil
Pfil Posts: 73 Member
Hello everyone!
I've been in crazy meetings at work the past couple of days so have been more absent than usual. Congrats to SkinnyNSweet for killing it on the weight loss last week!

THE CHALLENGE

This was Makeover Week! I love seeing the transformations of all the contestants after their makeovers. It's almost like they are seeing themselves for the first time. The rise in confidence is amazing. This week I want you all to take time out for yourself and do something just for you. This can be as simple as taking a bubble bath or reading a magazine. You could go buy yourself a new outfit or get a manicure. It doesn't matter what it is just as long as it makes you happy.

The second part of this challenge is inspired by the mudrun. You are going to walk/run/elliptical/swim/bike a 5K (3.1miles). You can mix it up if you'd like but I want it done all at once. I know it might sound scary to some of you but I know you can do it. I'd also like to encourage you all to google mudruns, fun runs, or 5k's in or around your town. They really are a lot of fun and in most cases aren't even that competitive. People are very motivating and the feeling of accomplishment is all the reward you need. bigsmile

I hope you're all having the best week possible!

Replies

• gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Nice challenge this week!
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    hi new team!!!!! glad to be a part of the yellow/purple team - i always think tie die when i see that name. just me.

ok, so this morning, i walked a 5K - it was really slow (54 minutes) yet i completed it. not really all that bad when i look at the fact that i've barely exercised since christmas and did nothing much the entire month of december because of my knees. i felt so much better after the 5K than i did before & i've actually eaten better today than i have for weeks...

... because i've been stress eating with comfort & junk foods. on january 13th, i got a call that my sister had been hospitalized at Tufts Medical Center in Boston because she had an aneurysm burst in her brain. i flew from colorado the next day and have been here since, staying in a hotel near the hospital. They took her off sedation the beginning of this week and then off the respirator a couple of days ago and she's doing fairly well. I'm going to stay here until she's out of the ICU and more mobile & then i'll feel more comfortable leaving.

i thought about leaving this BL challenge yet realized that if anything would motivate me to get back to eating better and working out some, it would be this. so i stayed and i hope i don't 'weigh' you guys down too much. i'm probably not going to post very often given that i don't really want to be on the computer after sitting in the ICU during the day and maybe i will. i'll definitely check in for challenges and weigh ins. hope you guys don't mind that i wanted to stay a part of the team.

actually, i felt so much better after the 5K that i could count that as my thing i did for myself - my body just felt so amazing and responded so well to the exercise and the extra water. & if it ends up that i have to, than i will. however, i'm hoping to get my legs shaved so that i can get in a body wrap/massage either sunday or monday (depending on when, & if, i get my legs done).

hope you had a great week.
    katie
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Katie, I hope your sister feels better and you get to come home soon. congrats on getting your walk done I bet It helped clear your mind.

I did my 5k yesterday. I almost completely forgot about it, I woke up in the morning and did 30 day shred and then after that is when I remembered I had to walk/jog a 5k.... needless to say my legs were feeling like jello.

I did a few things for myself this week, I had a hair appointment I was going to do something a little different but I had to cancel it because of the weather. my daughter and I did go for facials and I bought myself new workout outfit and sports bra.

This week is going to be very rough for me.
  • Pfil
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Katie, that is wonderful news about your sister's recovery. I hope it continues to go well.

I did my 5k walk this week and I treated myself with a lovely sugar scrub. I gained a little weight so I'm sorry for letting you guys down but I'm not letting it phase me much. Please let me know your weights before 5pm tomorrow night by posting here, PMing me or updating the sheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmlUg0_HS-yVdEpYX3pDazMzNjR4ei1HS2xDY19VY1E&usp=sharing

This is going to be another hectic week at work I fear - although I hope not so bad as the meeting marathons of last week!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    glad your sister is doing better. my weight is 189.8 i completed the 5k on the bike. i downloaded a book to read but only read a few pages my mom has terminal cancer and it is spreading and she is starting to go down hill so the book went on the back burner, she's resting right now so thought i would log in quick. i will check in periodically throughout the week and get my workouts in when i can seeing i travel from new hampshire to mass just about every day. hope you all have a great week.
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i weighed in at 159 lbs.

i'm counting my 5k as my good thing for myself. i am headed to cape cod on wednesday for 2 nights at my favorite ocean side resort to veg & go to their spa for lots of body treatments and pampering. i just couldn't fit anything this week with what's been going on.

thanks for the good thoughts. she is doing better and it's going to be awhile before she's out of icu.

katie
  • Pfil
    Options
    ljdanny, I'm sorry to hear that about your mother. My mother also battled terminal cancer and I know how hard it is to watch that happen. I hope you guys can find some lovely moments together even under such terrible circumstances. <3