Prepping?

Options
What's on everyone's grocery list for next week? Any special recipes? I love to have a good oatmeal breakfast w peanut butter and egg whites. I'm also thinking of making Jamie's delicious chili and maybe something sweet like protein bars to curb my sweet tooth. What about you?

Replies

• choffman1298
    choffman1298 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jamie's Chocolate, Pumpkin and Apple Cinnamon protein bars were a life saver!!

Also, Muffin-Topless.com has lots of recipes!

The link below is for a Chocolate Protein Mug Brownie, talk about crushing your sweet tooth!

http://www.muffin-topless.com/2013/02/06/rich-chocolate-protein-mug-brownie/
  • Carg423
    Carg423 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my usual Breakfast that I love. Its an egg scramble casserole. I make it on Sundays and cut a piece for each morning and freeze the rest for the following weekend or week. I cut it up in 9 pieces. I eat this with 2 pieces of Turkey bacon and a piece of Ezekiel Bread and a half a teaspoon of Peanut Butter

Make Ahead Egg and Veggie Casserole

Ingredients

•4 cups of fresh broccoli florets
    •1 cup mushrooms
    •1 cup fresh spinach
    •1 tsp garlic powder
    •1/2 tbsp curry powder
    •12 eggs
    •12 egg whites (or 1 ½ cups of liquid egg whites)
    •¼ cup milk of choice (almond milk or coconut milk will work, just nothing that’s sweetened)
    •Salt and pepper to taste
    •1/2 cup of grated part skim mozzarella
    •1/4 cup parmesan cheese
    •*OPTIONAL: I like to add 1/2 cup of Morningstar Farms chicken sausage, chopped up and spread throughout. I forgot it when photographing this recipe though. Whoops! :)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 10×14 casserole dish.

Cut broccoli into small florets and steam for two minutes or until just tender. Meanwhile, put spinach and mushrooms in a food processor and pulse 3-4 times or until everything is chopped – do NOT over process or it will liquify. When broccoli is tender, toss all veggies with garlic powder, salt and curry powder. Set aside.

Combine eggs, egg whites, milk, and black pepper in a large bowl and whisk until all of the ingredients are well combined.

Layer seasoned broccoli on the bottom of the casserole dish and evenly sprinkle the cheese over the veggies. Pour the eggs over the vegetables and cheese and use a fork to make sure that the veggies are evenly distributed through out the eggs.

Bake for about 35 minutes or until the top is slightly browned and the eggs are cooked through.
  • bananasandbarbells
    bananasandbarbells Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Definitely will try this one!!
  • Breezy279
    Options
    Ground turkey, lots of chicken breast, lots of veggies...
    Thanks for posting the make ahead omelet! it reminded me of the egg white muffins I used to make for breakfast. Easy quick and healthy.
  • shortyinspicewood
    Options
    I love Jamie's carrot cake protein squares. They are great for breakfast or a snack. Use casein if possible for better texture. I might make them a different size than she does, because when I put the recipe into MFP, they come out to about 62? (or close) cals per square.
    Carrot Cake Protein Bars Calories: 94
    Fats: 1.25 grams
    Carbs: 10 grams
    Protein: 10 grams Ingredients:
    • 1 cup oat flour
    • 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
    • 2 tsp cinnamon
    • 1/2 tsp baking soda
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1/8 tsp allspice
    • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
    • 4 egg whites
    • 3/4 cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
    • 8 oz baby food carrots
    • 4 oz water
    Directions:
    1. 2.
    4. 5. 6. 7.
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
    Mix egg whites, Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal, baby food carrots and water (optional) in a bowl.
    Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together. Spray glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
    Pour ingredients into dish.
    Bake 20-30 minutes.
    Makes 16 squares, 2 squares per serving.
  • shortyinspicewood
    Options
    This sounds GREAT! Thanks!
  • itstamsi
    Options
    That sounds so good. Thanks for the recipe!! I'm gonna try it out one of these days/