Help with my eating while on the 24 Day Challenge!

Options
bjmurphy102
bjmurphy102 Posts: 31 Member
Hello everyone I recently started a 24 day challenge. I am on day 4 today and after only consuming about 1200 calories for each day the first three days I have stepped up my consuming of food today. I am 6'5" and 287. I run on the elliptical each morning for anywhere between 2-3 miles. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas on whether or not I am following this plan correctly. I ate fairly healthy before I started the challenge. Very low carb but I did have dairy occasionally (mainly cheese). My Advocare coach, who is great and one of my close friends, started me out with only up to 6 oz of protein with each meal paired with the fruit or veggie. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Brannan

Replies

• jsingley899
    jsingley899 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Brannon,

I'm sorry I just saw this message, I have been using the mobile app for my fitness pal which doesn't show me the community groups and all. For me, when I first started with Advocare, I just made it a point to eat better and make healthier choices throughout my day. I didn't deprive myself of foods that I liked, but instead had them in moderation on a cheat day. Now, 45 pounds down later, I try to make sure that I have plenty of protein in my diet. Often for lunch and supper I am eating lean meats, tuna, or even egg whites along with plenty of veggies. During the day I usually take the Advocare muscle gain shake in vanilla twice during the day as my snacks and that definitely helps with getting protein in without all the extra fat and carbs to go along with it. Let me know if you need any help I can share some of my meals that I do a lot that seem to work well for me. It may be easier to message me directly though, because I don't seem to get notifications regarding the community boards. Best of luck and can't wait to hear about your results!!

Jerri