2nd time mom, need to lose the pounds!

Options
Hey all,

I'm new to the group and just had my second baby (girl) two weeks ago. I already have a 2 year old, and I went into my second pregnancy with excess weight. I was 196 pounds when I delivered my baby a couple weeks ago, and now i'm 180. I'm 5'4 and feeling like a dough ball, lol. I'm trying to lose about 35-40 lbs in the next 6 months (i have a reunion and a wedding to attend). Looking for support and positive feedback. good luck to all the other mommies!

Replies

• mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm with you - just starting at a higher weight. I'm also 5'4 and am currently at 221. I've got some short term goals (216, 210, 199.9 and then 175). At 175 I'll re-evaluate then - according to BMI i need to be closer to 145, but I'm very athletic and think I looked good at 175 in high school. So we will see.
  • tracybilal
    tracybilal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi im a second time mom too.i was 212# the day i delivered my baby on 18th oct 2013. Right now im 189#. I wana reach 145# my pre prego weight.i just cant figure out why i put on 70 #. Im excludively bf my daughter but had not started exercise before jan due to my csection and waited for my go ahead from doc.
    im trying to stay at 1200 cal which is tough on the weekends.
  • mia0606
    mia0606 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm with you too! I had a baby 12 weeks ago and I'm at a plateu! It was so much easier to lose when I was in my 20's (I have a 5 year old too) and now that I'm in my 30's it's a lot harder! I just ordered and plan on starting the 21 Day Fix next week so we will see!
  • erica6623
    erica6623 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Just had my second two months ago. I also was heavier than I wanted to be when I started and now want to lose 20-30 lbs. My first daughter is going to be two next week! We can do this!
  • Dedicatedmetime
    Dedicatedmetime Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am also a mom to two little ones! Always nice to have other moms to connect with. Feel free to add me :)

We got this ladies!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 8 months pp with my second.

Prior to my first I was probably 180-190 (I'm 5'7"), and 9 months pg was 255(!). My older son was only 7 lbs 3 oz. A little over a year later I was 154. I was FFing, which allowed me to drop my calories to 1200, which I now realize was too low, and I was often hungry, plus FFing allowed me to leave baby with my husband to get longer workouts in.

This time I got lax and gained some back prior to getting pregnant, and I started at 160-165. 9 months pg I was 240 - so even though I started smaller and ate better, I still gained a crap-ton of weight. My younger son was 8 lbs 4 oz. This time I'm BFing, which has made weight loss nearly impossible. I'm hanging out somewhere between 200 and 205 right now. At this point I'm just dealing with it because it's too frustrating to fight so hard only to lose a pound or two a month, at the most.

I plan to wean at a year unless he weans earlier (which I doubt), and I'm hoping the weight comes off more easily then because I don't have a lot of non-maternity clothes that fit me :(

Edited for typos
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Hi im a second time mom too.i was 212# the day i delivered my baby on 18th oct 2013. Right now im 189#. I wana reach 145# my pre prego weight.i just cant figure out why i put on 70 #. Im excludively bf my daughter but had not started exercise before jan due to my csection and waited for my go ahead from doc.
    im trying to stay at 1200 cal which is tough on the weekends.

As a breastfeeding mother of two 1200 calories is not enough. I suggest you put a little more research into how many calories you need to function and should be eating for breastfeeding.
  • Hi there - I am new to the group and feel better hearing others having trouble taking off the pounds with #2. I feel frustrated because with my first I was at my pre-preggers weight by my 6 week check up. I know a big thing then was I was pretty overwhelmed with baby and prob wasn't hitting my cals everyday and I was BFing like crazy in addition to pumping so I was burning some major cals there too. Anyway, this time around I'm 9 weeks out, BFing, working out 3-5 days/week and still have 14 pounds to go, I just feel frustrated and not like myself. I love working out and I can feel the extra pounds making it harder. I'm 5'9" and was 160 before this baby and 200 at delivery. Today I'm 173 so my first goal is to get to 160, then I want to get to my happy weight (where I just really feel the best about myself) of 150 but that's phase 2.

I'm hopeful that this group combined with my tracking cals will help shed the rest of this weight.
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just had my second earlier this month. I'm super excited to be able to exercise again! Having trouble staying in my calorie goals though (late night snacker). In total I want to lose about 50 pounds.
  • Ashtonsmommy21
    Ashtonsmommy21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to two little boys! I started at 144 and went up to 215 the day I had my first son. Ugggghhhh then I never lost the weight and got pregnant at 226 and I was 250 the day I gave birth to my second son on 11/12/13. Now I'm 215 again. I was to be in the 170's by the end of June when I turn 24. I've done p90x before and lost 50lbs then gained it back when I lost a loved one. Now I'm doing turbofire fire 30 and the butt bible everyday except Wednesday and Sunday. I was 233 at the beginning of January so I think I'm doing pretty good. It is really hard though :(