New Here but hooked already

Options
toristreats
toristreats Posts: 10 Member
I just started the 5 x5 workouts this week. I'm starting slow and light to get my form down. I'm also thinking about getting a personal trainer to make sure my form is correct. But so far I'm hooked. I love the feeling of being strong and getting stronger. My question is, how long did it take before you saw your body changing? Now I know every one is different and it can take longer for some people then others. I'm just curious. I'm already feeling my posture improving... That might be a side effect of sore muscles and not wanting to change positions. :)

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new addiction....hehe

I have been lifting in this program for 19 weeks now...and I have taken pics at week 7-8 and again week 12 and again at week 18...

I took normal front and side view but getting my back has been difficult. So I had my husband do it for me Wed.

That being said I see "small" changes in the pics, but people notice the changes more than until I did a close up of my butt.

Here is a grid of when I started on MFP on June 17th...2nd Pic is after 30DS round 1, 3rd pic is another round of 30DS and 10 weeks into lifting, last pic is week 18 of lifting.

cc314cf6-b3d3-4375-b707-c46598bf8009_zpse948495c.jpg

There is a change...I know that...I have dropped a size since I started lifting...not much weight but I have gone from a 9 to an 8 here in Canada.. I never thought I would be here...

This is the Pic that made me realize the big changes tho

b4ea3a0b-3ab6-4365-a198-c82b61b9a308_zps992f416c.jpg

Top pic is June 17th, 2 rounds of 30 day shred and 18 weeks of lifting...bottom pic is me on Wednesday...

Those are the changes.....
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yep, welcome to your new addiction! If I wasn't already, I would be after seeing those pics, Stef! :bigsmile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hehe Granny panties. :laugh: :wink: :smile:
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hehe Granny panties. :laugh: :wink: :smile:
    Comfiest things on earth. :laugh:

Welcome, OP! I've been with the program for about 9 weeks, and have seen great strength gains in my legs (which have also slimmed down, even though I can feel that they're harder/more muscly , hmm... I'm not getting bulky?! What?! :wink: ). Still working on my upper body, which was totally untrained before I began SL, so still waiting to see those muscles peep out.

Still, began seeing small all-over results about 5 weeks into the program, and have adopted the EM2WL philosophy for food (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less), which is so exciting! I'm planning to start my first cut in 2 weeks.

Overall, being strong has totally changed the way I look at myself in the mirror, training has become exciting, and food has become my fuel.
  • toristreats
    toristreats Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see results. I already feel stronger and is only been five workouts.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Speaking of butts...............Since I've lost weight my butt just seems so flabby! What can I do about that?
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Squat!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I do squats all the time, but not sure they are doing anything for my butt!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    squat heavier then! lol :)