11 days out

Options
Good morning!

I joined the sleeve community, officially, 11 days ago. It was much harder, physically, than I had anticipated but I sure am happy with the results! I'm so much more in control of fueling my body and I'm no longer fueling a compulsion! I'm still learning how my new tummy feels and what these new sensations are. It's so confusing. Quite honestly, I'm still hungry. But I know that physically I'm unable to eat so it's just something I work through. I've been told that it could be acid, or dehydration, or leftover ghrelin (sp?) so I'm taking a PPI and working on getting that water intake up, up, up. Any other suggestions from the vets?

Replies

• DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You have to learn to distinguish "Thirst" from "Hunger". The brain cannot tell the sensations apart and those of us that overate learned to call this hunger. It's really "empty". Try drinking when you get the feeling and you will relearn.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    The 3 months out I feel hunger, but its not the same as pre-sleeve. I know when I'm empty much like I know when I'm full. It's definitely easier to control the compulsion to eat now though! Water. focusing on protein and the PPI are the best things you can do for yourself now! Keep it up!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    protein, protein, water, water. 90% is probably thirst. you need lots of water to get rid of the fat. eat moist food but do not drink with meals- you will flush food thru. No grazing between meals- your wt loss will stall. if you ate properly an hour ago and you are back to hydrating yet you experience hunger-it could be brain hunger, i.e. food addiction. Have half a 100 cal protein snack shake. if you are still "hungry" it likely isn't hunger but mental cravings brought on by normal blood sugar-something your body may not have experienced for years. I felt those cravings just like you. Mentally I was just accustomed to eating certain things at certain times in certain locations. That was the moment that I realized I could completely out eat my wt loss surgery. That this was going to be mentally difficult. I stopped cruising the pantry between meals and resolved to measure and log everything. I keep my diary open for everyone to see. Stick to your surgeons plan-be in the 50% that really changes their relationship with food