Working and Cooking dinner

Options
aimeegoudas
aimeegoudas Posts: 26 Member
I work from home, but the family shows up 5:30 and wants to eat (that's when my work day is technically ending).

I do a lot of Sunday prep. Slice, dice, chop, cook, prepare, organize, plan. Some days I think my life revolves around dinner!

How do you get meals made with whole foods put on the table after working a full day?

Replies

• L8riser
    L8riser Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 with 3 teens and a husband. I too struggle to put down a decent meal, that's why I'm in this mess.
    I do shift work, so I like to use my crock pot or do a roast, this way I can put it all together and nap or put my feet up. Suppers now comprise of whatever with salad. We could be having vegetables, and we still have salad. Salads are not fancy, so quick and easy. Pastas,rice or potatoes are now optional.
    I do have my days (about once a week and when my husband is at work) where I throw my hands in the air and refuse to cook. Everyone fends for themselves- teens old enough to have leftovers or cereal.
  • aimeegoudas
    aimeegoudas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My sister's family has come to expect Friday nights is pizza night. They follow my eating style because I make the food! So for them this isn't a cheat. I will usually eat leftovers while they indulge, or if I am wild and crazy, I get a gluten free pizza.

I have been using my crock pot a lot - making recipes form Practical Paleo and then make veggies along side. I am lucky my niece (3) and nephew (5) both love veggies!

What's your favorite crock pot meal?
  • L8riser
    L8riser Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The easiest crock pot recipe is frozen meatballs(about 2lbs.) and pour your favorite BBQ/ marinara sauce (500ml),leave on low heat for 6 hours. Serve with bread/ bun (depending if you want sub or sandwich) and vegetables&/salad. This feeds about 12+ people