Introduce Yourself Here :)

Options
Hey guys and gals! I am Benny! I am 30 from New York. I enjoy movies, yoyoing, photography and film. I have been fighting my weight for 10 years now. I have tried everything from going vegan to weight watchers. But recently I have noticed that through all that I had changed my habits but not my thinking which lead me back to my bad habits. So I am starting from scratch and going to begin with focusing on myself and how I feel about eating and why eating comforts me so much.
I look forward to meet each of you as you join and hope to hear your stories.

Thank you
and Welcome

We Aren't Done Here!

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,904 Member
    Options
    I am Shelley. 53 year old mother of two. Grandmother of many. Love my pets. Love my husband of 34 years. And a food lover. I also workout most days. I have learned that this is a lifelong challenge. Not just today.
  • kendrayouson
    Options
    hey i'm 26 years old no kids i love eat food and i love sweets even more i need some help and motivation.
  • vrr1970
    vrr1970 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I'm Vicky. Been on here 11 whole days. My weight has been an issue my entire adult life. I've managed to lose about 35 lbs. and keep it off but I've had the hardest time losing more. I am shooting to lose a lb. a week. I'm also using the green coffee bean supplement to keep me fuller longer and I've lost nearly 9 lbs. I look forward to getting to know others on here in hopes of being able to help each other along on our journey to better health.
    I'm 43, married and live in Tennessee. No kids but a dog who thinks he is. I just look forward to seeing where this takes us. Have a great night!

Take Care,
    Vicky
  • BigBennyLittleZone
    Options
    Welcome Vicky, Shelley and Kendra! :) Feel free to start your own discussions.

Benny
  • mariahstarr
    Options
    im Mariah... im 34 2 kids both girls 10 and 13 .... im single since 2004 ...I started losing weight because both my parents died 9 months to the day of each other and it made me think of my kids and what they would do without me and also their kids they will have I want them to have a grandma and I want to be a grandma...food is good but its not as good as life and ive lost 100 lbs.... gained about 20 back since this past june but working on getting back to where I was...me and benny have been friends for yrs now too :)
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Laura. I am a 46 year old mom of a pre-teen and a teenager who are very fit. I work-out most days since I began this journey on January 6,2014. I have been fit my entire life and have gained weight in the past years that I desperately need to lose. My 1st goal is to lose 20 lbs (16 to go) so I am back within my bmi.

Good luck everyone!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,904 Member
    Options
    Mariah that is a fantastic goal. :) And Laura sounds like you are off to a great start.

Shelley
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    And Laura sounds like you are off to a great start.Mariah that is a fantastic goal. :)

Shelley

Thanks Shelley:)
  • Godsmonty
    Godsmonty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Maria. I am a SAHM in DC w/DH and three young children. I feel very challenged when it comes to eating healthy. I have hip displacement, so I don't exercise, yet. I'm looking to explore my dependence on chocolate to cope with stress and how not to let my hidden emotions result in binges. I find managing children and household challenging and that it makes it hard to plan my food choices. I want to live healthier in many ways!