Any current Virgin Dieters?

Options
elenagking
elenagking Posts: 16 Member
I'm restarting the virgin diet. My parents have had loads of success with it. I like the foods on the plan, so I think it's a good choice for me!

Replies

• CoozyRoo
    CoozyRoo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just restarted it and I'm on day 11. You're right, I totally don't mind the food options, there are a lot of great combinations to still have. I only lost 3.6 pounds in the first week so I was a bit disappointed but I'm sticking with it. Best of luck!
  • Wobertson
    Wobertson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am restarting as well, I find that this way of eating really works for me!
  • 1ZumbaHeart
    Options
    I have been on the Virgin Diet since July of last year! I absolutely love this life style change! I have found I am intolerant to dairy and wheat. So now I just avoid/limit myself on those two and I feel wonderful. I also an a Zumba Instructor and my students have noticed a difference in how I look since September of last year. I am just now starting her 6 weeks to sexy arms program! I really enjoy JJ Virgins books!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Anyone else still working on this plan? I've got RA and have had no energy lately, so an elimination diet makes sense to me.
  • 1ZumbaHeart
    Options
    I have done the "Virgin Diet" off and on for over a year, and love it! I didn't loose much the first week either but learned a lot about my body! I continue to eat healthy and stay away from the things that cause me problems! My mom and dad have done this diet for years and it works well for them! :heart:
  • KellyGigi14
    KellyGigi14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to message boards so I hope I'm doing this right. i started the virgin diet 17 days ago and have lost about 8 lbs. so far. I'm excited about it but I'm afraid of phase 2. hope to gain some buddies here:wink:
  • 1ZumbaHeart
    Options
    Phase 2 was hard for me! I had a hard time introducing things back one at a time. So many foods have multiple items on the "don't" list. I have to admit I didn't follow it the way I should have but in the end I knew what foods caused me the most problems! My struggle today is having to cook for 5 people who would hate me if they had to eat the foods I cook for myself! Long story short, I end up cooking two meals each time or just don't eat the items I shouldn't and find something else to replace it with! Spaghetti squash has become a great filler for me. It can be made in so many different ways! Love it! Still not a fan to use it to replace spaghetti! But I did find rice noodles and the family can't tell the difference! When shopping look at the top or bottom shelves, there is where you will find the good items! Hope this helps! Message me anytime! Brooke
  • KellyGigi14
    Options
    Today is my 21st day on the virgin diet. Im kind of nervous about the next phase... I think I'll test eggs first. Do you think it matters which item you test first (the order of the testing)?
  • KellyGigi14
    Options
    Hi Brooke, Thanks for your reply. Adding things back in is exactly what I am afraid of. How did you know something didn't agree with you. I'm nervous about recognizing any adverse symptoms.
    Thanks, Kelly
  • elenagking
    elenagking Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting the virgin diet for april. I found that when I follow it, I feel really good. I've pretty much eliminated dairy already.

1. Gluten (the only problem here is that I bake bread from scratch for my family. SO tempting when it's warm out of the oven! I'm not going to give up the piece of challah on Friday night.)
    2. Dairy (I've pretty much eliminated it anyway. I don't like, *ahem,* how dairy affects my digestion. )
    3. Eggs (very rarely do I eat eggs. I do use it to make challah bread that we eat each Friday night, but I can do with just a small piece a week.)
    4. Soy (rarely eat.)
    5. Corn (rarely eat.)
    6. Peanuts (rarely eat.)
    7. Sugar & artificial sweeteners. (Sugar is going to be the hard one. I have L-Glutamine, which really helps with the cravings, so I hope I can keep out of it. I'm not going to give up the little bit of stevia in my rice/pea protein shakes though. I just can't.)
  • flyerno88
    flyerno88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Anyone else still working on this plan? I've got RA and have had no energy lately, so an elimination diet makes sense to me.

I"ve got RA also, I'd be really interested to know if this helped with pain and tiredness..