Adopt a noob - uk style

Options
joolsweb
joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
Hi all
There's a sticky post in the main getting started forum about adopting a new member and providing help and coaching where possible, however most mentor's seem to be Americans, so i wondered if anyone was interested in a UK version (not against anglo/us relations, just i don't understand weights/measures/odd shopping items). :)

If you're up for it, please post a little about yourself and how many people you'd be willing to accept for mentoring.
new people - pelase respect mentors rights to not accept you, as its important its a good match and some may have their quota of members already.
If you wish to recieve a little bit of friendly help and encouragement then please pm the mentor with some details about yourself.
Good luck all

p.s As the thread hopefully progresses, new members may want to look further down the threads for mentors who are able to take on new people.

Replies

• joolsweb
    Options
    With apologes for all the typos.
    I'm happy to take on a couple of new members to try and help out. Bit about me: I'm 39, female and a serial dieter/weight loss woman.
    Over the years I've done various diets but I love the simplicity of MFP. I don't do anything special I just track what i eat and try and walk/do a bit more. I'm currently not a gym goer or do any form of outside exercise (apart from walk the dog occasionally). I want to lost about 90lbs in total, had gone down to a 20lb loss back in Septmember, so now back on to try and lose that and more by my 40th.
    I can't promise to encourage every day, but I do try to log on every day for my food diary and will respond to PM's.
    Good luck
  • bumblebee_rat
    Options
    What about us noobs who are actually old timers can we take someone on? I was on here for two years and lost 5st up until the middle of last year when the laziness kicked in.
  • joolsweb
    Options
    Absolutely, that's kind of where I am, I want to help others getting started but also need help myself getting re motivated - like for like encouragement :)
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i can too, ive been on for ages on and off but fully committed to my path and would be willing to share.
  • joolsweb
    Options
    Any other takers, I'm happy to take on 1 more newbie if you feel you want some help/guidance/morale support :)
  • loztandfound
    loztandfound Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on here for the long run, been on for a while and happy to mentor! more of a buddy than a leader, but I am positive, full of suggestions and advice that I have experienced, but happy to discuss or be a sounding board for frustrations or rants.

about me: 29, random hair colours which change monthly, love geeky stuff and a bit of a science nerd. off to MCM expo in london in May, and I will have dropped a stone.... as soon as I get to 11 stone (currently 11 stone 10) I am booking my next tattoo, a full right thigh piece.

L&F