My First SL Workout

Options
sixpacklady
sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
I did it !! Have been thinking about doing it for ages...

Here are my starting numbers (bit pathetic):
Squat, Bench Press, Row : 35 lbs

I found the squats to be most challenging. I think I will be able to increase weights to 40lbs for BP and Row, but I not so sure about Squats. Does anyone ever felt the same?

Felt a little dizzy after the workout was done. Any idea why?

I don't have a squat rack, so I am using a bench rack for now. Even though I am short (5'2"), I am still finding it uncomfortable to do the squat using the bench rack. Also, not very easy to put the weight back on. I want to buy a used squat rack, but my hubby is not very interested. Any one know where can I get a basic squat rack for under $100 (including shipping, maybe)?

Thank you...

Replies

• hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    we all have to start somewhere, so congrats for starting!

as for used equipment, check out craigslist. You would just have to be able to pick it up.

dizziness: are you eating enough calories/protein?
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first workout! :flowerforyou:

I was gonna suggest craigslist, also. As for dizziness, it could be your eating or lack of, starting a new, strenuous workout, or even your breathing. I'm finding out that the timing of your breathing is just as important as getting your form correct. When I first started,I had to remind myself TO breathe, lol!
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    thank you all. I will add more protein/carbs pre workout.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about hydration level as well. Water is important and can cause some dizziness when you are dehydrated.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Great job!

What weight are we supposed to start at? I had the app and it suggested 45 lbs, which was way too high for this weakling !
  • sixpacklady
    Options
    Great job!

What weight are we supposed to start at? I had the app and it suggested 45 lbs, which was way too high for this weakling !

I think we should start at something light as it gets heavy quickly and form should be the priority.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong in starting with lower weights. The weight builds up quickly.