am I just milking it? probably.

Options
ever since my late teens I've had problems with both of my knees but especially my right one. When I walk upstairs it often pops and when I sit at my desk it will get sore frequently. I once injured it squatting down at work and I ended up having to wear a leg brace for a couple of days.

but this post is not for me to whine about my Knee, lol. to make a long story very short, last Thursday my knee got shut in a car door and has been hurting on and off since with some bruising. because of that I haven't been doing any of my workouts, but I honestly don't think I need to be so careful lol. I have a huge lazy streak, so I think it's possible I may just be milking it to myself lol if that makes sense. I guess what I'm really asking is can someone please help give me a kick in the pansy *kitten* to get back to it? Lol, self motivation is not one of my strengths.

sorry for the long and pointless rambling, thanks guys :)

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Resting and caring for injuries is important, (I'm a hypocrite here, but I'm learning). You're the only one that can gauge whether it's safe and smart for you to continue your normal workout.

I injured my wrist snowboarding a few weeks ago and just gave it a couple days rest but felt like I was being lazy so went back to the gym and my wrist wasn't happy. I rested it a few more days and tried again, and again my wrist wasn't happy. I went to the doctor's and found out that I actually fractured it while snowboarding and I was really lucky my bone didn't shift while I was lifting.

If your knee needs some recovery maybe revamp your workout for a bit and focus on exercises that are not hard on your knees. For a couple months I can't lift weights so I am just focusing on bodyweight leg workouts and abs.