Lets go!!

Options
raindancer
raindancer Posts: 993 Member
How is everyone doing? Any ideas on how to revive this group?
I hope this is more than just a place to post you weight weekly. We all have some struggles with getting healthy.

I'll start off, I have a problem with eating out. I have no control. I always revert to the same old bad foods. We eat out as much as 3 times a day on weekends..Bad with a Monday weigh in.

Replies

• zoetewijn
    zoetewijn Posts: 121
    Options
    I try to post daily to help stay on track and get everyone motivated.

I don't eat out a lot so that helps. When u eat out try and go where you can orde chicken or salad.. That might help.

I stay away from junk food. At first it bothered me, like when my hubby would eat ice cream or chips it drove me crazy but it's getting easier know. I go for a piece of fruit instead..

I'm here to help anyone that needs it,,
  • raindancer
    Options
    I try to post daily to help stay on track and get everyone motivated.

I don't eat out a lot so that helps. When u eat out try and go where you can orde chicken or salad.. That might help.

I stay away from junk food. At first it bothered me, like when my hubby would eat ice cream or chips it drove me crazy but it's getting easier know. I go for a piece of fruit instead..

I'm here to help anyone that needs it,,

Thank you, we all need to some support here.
    I will do ok eating out for awhile. Then I will feel sorry for myself and I will eat what they are eating. Sometimes I just cant face another grilled chicken salad. We are trying to stop eatng out so much. It is expensive and unhealthy.
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to work out. And record things. And stay away from sweets.

For working out it's difficult because I work night shifts (midnight to 3am). So I'm tired and want to sleep until I go to work, but then when I get home I have 4 other people in the house who are asleep, so I can't do jumping jacks and power squats and lunges above my sleeping roommates' heads. :( I can do it earlier, I suppose, but sometimes they have friends over and so the living room is off limits and ugh... just unfortunate situation right now.

I'm struggling to find the motivation to write and record everything as well. Sometimes because I have NO idea how to list it on myfitnesspal (so I just give up for that day's entries), and sometimes because I'm just too lazy to open up my physical notebook and jot things down. But I keep gaining weight and that really needs to stop. ; ^ ;

And sweets, I was doing so well. There was a month long challenge to have no sweets, but one day I just let myself finally have some chocolate and soda... and since then it's been incredibly difficult to tell myself no and stay true to my new lifestyle.

So I feel like garbage, but mostly because I can't work out. A couple times this week I've gone jogging, but now there's a good five or so inches of snow outside, so that's off limits now.
  • raindancer
    Options
    Yesterday was not a good day for food...ate out twice. Of course I ate the wrong things. I am doing better today.
    I went to the Dr this morning for my elbow and it is Tendonitis (sp?). I am going to try to get to the gym this evening and do anything that doesn't include the left arm.
    I hope everyone is doing well. This is a challenge but more importantly we need to made these changes lifetime changes.

GO PURPLE!!
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues , guys. I have no problem exercising and it shows (a little ^^) on my body, but I waste my efforts because of food.

When I'm with my fiance, I cannot help myself from having too much bad food. If I try to fight, sometimes I win. But the day after I cannot fight food anymore. I'm having hard times. But I'm feeling supported here. I wanted to thank you all for this. Especially you Zoe, with all your great challenges. Sometimes I'm late but I always catch up!

Keep pushing everybody!
  • zoetewijn
    Options
    Everyone... It is so hard to stay on track.. It's so easy to just grab junk to eat.. I struggled for years with my eating habits. Woke up one day and got my head in the game I haven't had junk or soda since jan 1st.. My daughter started to so that helps. She is a 1000 miles away in college but we use the phone to exercises together, lol... We bought a fitbit flex so we can see each other's progress and the last three days we been trying to beat each other. We found a you tube video walk at home, I did 15,000 step yesterday..
    All I can say is do your best, every little bit u do helps.
    I will try and keep everyone motivates. Mi started logging all my food in fitbit app, but I'm staying on here for the challenge, and for all u guys.,

Today will be hard going to a Super Bowl party, but I'm taking a big salad for myself. Lol...

Have a great day everyone.