Day one

Options
newday1981
newday1981 Posts: 41 Member
So in order to get the group started and motivated lets begin with first sharing our goals and set a weekly weigh in day. For myself I would prefer to weigh in on Fridays. We can post current weight or only progress of weight loss. Any suggestions?

We can post our progress weekly to a new thread here within our group. Sharing what went well for us this week what was helpful and and give each other encouragement towards overcoming an challenge.

BrooksN20 and I will be the group moderators, so we will add new discussion topics along with tips for reducing calorie intake and exercise each week.

My current weight is 183. I have a goal to get down to 140 lbs. My goal includes the desire to have more stamina and less inches around my mid section. smile I will have to push myself to include more time to work out and really stay within my daily calorie limits.

Replies

• rubydrm
    rubydrm Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My little ticker thing says my goal is to lose 70 lbs...that's my ULTIMATE goal, but right now I am focused on just losing 50 then the extra 20 is the bonus. I don't know if I will do the weekly weigh in, I found the last time it I did weekly, I got discouraged and my work out ended up being less satisfying, but that's just me. I could give it another go now that I'm a few weeks in.
  • agronx
    agronx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose between 20-30 lbs. I want to fit good in my clothes without comparing myself to the saying, "Just because it zips, don't mean it fits". Seriously this morning was like an Olympic sporting event to get these things on.
  • brooksn20
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My goal for now is to lose 12 lbs in the next six weeks, friday weigh ins are fine for me :) My weight battle has been on going for years and i would like to make this new journey about finding good habits I cant stick with. Getting in more activity is one of my bigger goals i would say thats probably more important to me than the actual number on the scale. Im excited to take this journey with you all!
  • newday1981
    Options
    Your goal sounds very attainable! 12 lbs in 6 weeks, that would be 2 lbs a week... YOU GOT THIS!
  • newday1981
    Options
    Stay motivated and think comfort... . I know the feeling of working hard in the morning trying to find clothes that match and are comfortable, with out me having to "tug" on them. Let's focus on our goal of weight loss and comfort!
  • Cindy_Walks
    Cindy_Walks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.

I live in Southern California, work full time from home (thankfully) and I am the mother of boy/girl twins that are 3 1/2 years old. Last year I was diagnosed with a lung disease (Sarcoidosis) and was put on high doses of Prednisone - which made me gain 35 lbs in just a little over 4 months. My dose is very low now and I should be able to control my eating at this point. I can't blame any more food attacks on the meds.

I weigh 185 lbs and my goal is to get down to 150. Friday weigh-in is fine with me. I'm really looking forward to having someone to share this process with.

We can do this!!
  • CassandraEldridge
    CassandraEldridge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My overall goal is to lose 30lbs....
    but I think I am going to start small and say to lose the 11 lbs I gained from november & december would be great. :heart:
  • kwagzzz
    Options
    Hi all! Friday weigh-ins work for me.

I played Div. 1 Lax in college and had to lift like the football players...and now have disproportionately big thighs, shoulders, and arms to show for it. Trying to slim down to my former self. Would love any advice!

Overall goal - down to 120, but for now, trying for 140.
  • eimemag
    eimemag Posts: 19
    Options
    My goal is to lose around 20 lbs, I'm giving myself 3 months to try to hit my goal. I try to fit in any type of exercise during my breaks, if I have any. I'm really excited about joining this group and I hope it'll keep me motivated to reach my goal. :smile:
  • Rk25ire
    Options
    Hi girls!
    My goal is to lose weight, get fit and basically feel better! I have always been overweight and tried loads of different things to lose it. I'm trying my best to stick to my daily cals but need some help on what type of foods to have. ;) x