Greetings

Options
mom4life5
mom4life5 Posts: 11 Member
Hi,
I'm interested in starting the Daniel Plan with an online community.
I have a friend that is interested too.
I just can't tell if this group is actually active or not. There are no posts under the group heading.
Thanks,
Lynn

Replies

• JulieandMax
    Options
    Hi Lynn
    I've just started the Daniel plan and would also like to connect with people online. Feel free to add me as a friend and maybe we can encouage each other in our progress.

I'm in Auckland NZ, where abouts are you?
    Julie
  • heathercmartel
    heathercmartel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is great! I am on day 9 along with my two sisters. So far we are all doing good. Hoping we get some more members here!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I JUST started with the Daniel Plan at a church near me. I have been with MFP for a while. I invited the others at the meeting to join MFP...but as yet nobody has joined. I'm glad to have a sense of community here. My goal is for this to become a total lifestyle and not just 40 days. I am thankful to be with like minded people here for my daily logging, while maintaining my small group once a week.

I am just getting started with the book. How would you all suggest we proceed?

-Michelle
  • advocare_momma
    Options
    HI y'all, I'm looking into starting the Daniel plan... I'm still looking up info on it and only found 1 thing on MFP and it got shutdown!

So...

I'm Christi, a wife to Dustin and momma to a 9 and 5 year old! I've been stuggling both with losing weight and finding my way {religion} latley so I think this will help with both!
  • mjterp
    Options
    I'm still here! I got through chapter one and I LOVE it. (though I found it a bit hard to get through.) I found some amazing quotes and a HUGE attitude adjustement. I too am looking for online people to connect with and chat to make this a dailyl thing. I am here daily. I have more than 700 days under my belt at MFP, but only JUST started the Daniel Plan and I LOVE that it is WHOLE PERSON improvement!

Feel free to friend me!!!
    I'm here everyday.
  • grace4u2receive
    grace4u2receive Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Just bought the Daniel Plan and started reading it. Realizing when I started my weight loss journey in 2013, that I didn't seek His guidance as much as I should have. God convicted me I needed to be a good steward of my body and I made the decision and have been faithful since then.

Last year while working out and watching the amount I ate, the most I'd lose is 1 pound a week. Now this year not doing wheat, preservatives and eating better I lose about 2 pounds a week. Learned a lot from the Omni diet. It is hard to do everything homemade, but so worth it. Now I am looking forward to learning from the Daniel Plan.

I am looking to encourage and be encouraged!

35813963.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sadrac4683
    sadrac4683 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Going thru chapter 4 and it is kind of lengthy. Took photos of the list concerning msg so i can with me when i go to the store.
  • mjterp
    Options
    Awesome idea about taking the list with you. GREAT way to get started!!!
    I guess I'm blessed that I have given up most of that during my journey here. You will be SOOOO glad that you did!!!

My crock pot is my best friend! ( I have two)
    Please keep us posted and let us know how your shopping goes!!!
  • sadrac4683
    sadrac4683 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Please share some of your crockpot recipes. I am always looking for new recipes to add to my collection.
  • mjterp
    Options
    I'll start a crock pot thread! ALSO, if you search Crock Pot or Slow Cooker in the general forums, there are several crockpot threads that have some great recipes there, too! TODAY my crock pot has "shipwreck" in it. REALLY simple and tastes good (though I had to go over a year without making it because I made it too often becasue it is way too easy and all of hte kids loved it until I overdid it!)