Breakfast Menu Ideas

Options
Please post your suggestions for health breakfast menus. Thanks.

Replies

• desertphrog
    Options
    I use Chobani 100 yogurts with 1/4 cup healthy granola. If I need more I have egg whites~up to 4. Works great for me. I just started with a trainer & he explained it is very important to add healthy complex carbs in the morning, so I added the granola. Notice a big difference. The high protein keeps me satisfied longer.
  • wanderer_86
    Options
    GC control shake or eggs of any type. Hard boiled, scrambled, etc. Also a little serving of fruit depending on what I'm doing that morning.
  • michelecarperruby
    Options
    My favorite is a quinoa/amaranth combo with a healthy sized teaspoon of Trader Joe's organic cocoa or some fresh fruit. Sometimes I add a couple tablespoons of almond milk. If I need something that stick to my ribs a little more I will add a tablespoon or two of old fashioned rolled oats toward the end of the cooking time. This morning I added a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • mandysuef
    mandysuef Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have food issues, per doctors orders I can't have gluten, refined sugar or grains, so my options are somewhat limited for breakfast. It's good in a way cause I used to be a granola bar or toast on my way out the door kinda girl. I was forced to make more time in the mornings to prepare a healthy breakfast. l usually make a smoothie with Attain, spinach, plain greek yogurt, almond milk, banana, and whatever frozen fruit I have on hand. It's so yummy and very filling. If I don't have that I'll make eggs and bacon.
  • swheaton5
    swheaton5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been on a Green Smoothie kick since the start of the year. This morning was vanilla protein powder, almond milk, handful of spinach, 3 strawberries, 1/3 frozen banana, 1/2 c frozen peaches. YUM! Surprisingly filling. I also had a handful of cashews because I waited too long to make my smoothie and I was hungry after walking kids to school.