Gluten Free for Fertility

Options
Hey Ladies :) Sorry, I haven't been very active with my MFP account or the group for that matter..

I wanted to pop in and say that I have been doing a lot of research on PCOS and trying to get pregnant as I'm sure a lot of you are doing, anywho! I found that there has been a lot of success in fixing some of the symptoms of PCOS with just going gluten free!

I decided to give it a try and BOOM! I'm on my 2nd unprovoked and all natural "cycle" I'm so excited about this news that I just had to share! maybe it can help some of you too!
[note: I had been without a cycle entirely for about 8 months and generally only had one once a year.]
I even lost some of the weight that I had gained back during my hiatus from MFP. =) It's a little glimmer of hope that I desperately needed to overcome the depression that goes along with PCOS. Hope it can help you too!

and BTW I would love more friends fighting for the same goal so, feel free to add and PM me :)

Replies

• ChelleSC
    Options
    I've been gluten free for almost a year now. I developed a wheat allergy, so I really had no choice! I believe I am in the middle of the second half of my first natural cycle. I don't credit it to just gluten free because you can go gluten free and still be eating ridiculously unhealthy. But, I have been focusing on less sugar and less junky foods in general. Also, I had my dosage of metformin upped.

It's so hard, especially the past few days, to keep my cravings under control. All I want to eat is junk! I wonder if "normal" women have such strong cravings with their cycles or if it's more extreme due to the PCOS.
  • MarisaMoe22
    MarisaMoe22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have read that those of us with PCOS are more likely to crave sweets and junk. :( I'm not sure because I definitely crave junk a LOT of the time lol.

I pretty much only have going gluten free to credit for my cycle as of right now. I'm not on any medication and that's all that I have really changed in my diet. I'm so excited about this! lol