Quads, Quads, and more quads! 02/03

I'm going to hijack the challenge today after the info I got over the weekend.

I have been having a problem with one of my knees when bending it either to do lunges or step ups (and, living on the second floor, climbing stairs). So I talked to the Chiro and showed her what was going on, she said that it is most likely that my patellar tendon is the problem. So I asked what to do and her advise is to stretch the quads really good before and after exercising (don't forget to stretch both legs!) and then, for me because of the tendon to make sure that when I get home I should put heat on the quads and ice on the knee to help.

So I'm throwing out the challenge to stretch them quads really good to help protect that tendon in the knee to prevent it from deciding to snap one day!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/stretching/the-best-way-to-stretch-your-quadriceps.html

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Aha! That's good info. Thanks! Explains a bit of some of the issues for me.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told that was apart of my issues too with my knees except mine were the flexor muscles were too tight! but yes I soooo agree we must go hard with exercise but when I am in the gym I notice how a lot of folks do not stretch! Flexibility is so crucial! Maybe fitness people like Shaun and JMs should emphasize that more!