Week 4 Challenge

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
Hi Guys!!!! Sorry I have not been so active on here this week. I had my son that was sick and my daughter had her cheerleading championship this week!!! And I am still dealing with all this SNOW and YUCK weather!!!! I was not able to do a video for this weeks challenge since I have my (very active and noisy)son home from school. So here goes:

Group Challenge: As a GROUP I want for us to reach a total percentage of weight loss of 0.50% in the Week 4 Weigh ins! That is about 1 lb per person! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! Even oz. lost counts towards our totals!!! :)

Nutritional Challenge: I want you each to take this week to concentrate on your own personal food intake struggle. What I mean by this is, take a look and see where you need improvement. Do you need to lower your sugar intake? Sodium? Increase your protein? or Veggies and fruit? You decide what it is that you need to do and log your daily accomplisments on here.

I just wanted to thank everyone for doing such a great job on these challenges!!!

Pam :)

Replies

• Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Another excellent challenge Pam!! Let's do this!!! Oh, and BTW, love the new pic!!!

For my nutritional challenge I will be focusing on drinking my water and staying under calories. It's simple but important.

Cheers,
    Alison
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    For the nutritional challenge I will be focusing on eatting 3-4 fruits and 5-6 vegetables daily and getting 88-96 oz of water daily. I also am going to limit catsup, bbq,mayo ect.

I will continue to try to sleep 7-8 hour nightly and read my Bible every morning.:smile:

Thanks for another great challenge Pam.:happy:
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,215 Member
    Options
    I am going to reduce my carbs, especuially in the evening!
    Besides this, trying to get to the 5 servings of fruits/veggies each day.
    :smile:
  • marisol2066
    marisol2066 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good challenge.

I definitely need increase my protein intake. I usually eat a vegetarian diet with some chicken or turkey sprinkled in. I know that eating more and healthier protein will help keep me fuller, longer.....I just to be active about it.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    looking at my recent diaries the trend that seems to impact my nutrition are prepack low fat microwave meals.
    I find them so easy when i pop home for lunch to throw in the microwave and prepare dinner.
    I only get 30 minutes for lunch and this is by far my easy option. But the amount of sodium that seem to be in these meals especially the weight watchers ones is ridiculous.
    I do over cook, our main meal as sometimes i can put left overs in the freezer i label up with cals per portion for myself. BUT often my husband and son have it polished off.
    We also eat out or get take out far too often and obviously this involves some guestimation of calories.
  • AZRunnerGirlinErie
    Options
    Hope your son is feeling better. I'm dealing with the snow too and can't wait for spring so I can start working out outside again :)

For my nutrition challenge:
    Binge eating at night :(
    I pack my lunch and snacks daily so I am okay there but I've gotten into the habit of eating horribly when I get home and eating a lot. Not good and I'm trying different things to curb the appetite. I'm not a big meat eater. In fact, I only eat organic, free range chicken and fish but even that lately hasn't tasted good.

Does anyone have any filling suggestions for vegetarian dinners? Thanks!
  • tracieao
    tracieao Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am focusing on avoiding processed foods this week - if it comes in a box I'm going to try to avoid it...
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have had a hard time with snacking at night recently. It's my worst habit and has creeped back into my life. So I'm going to focus on only eating what I have planned in a normal portion size. I think I get cocky because I figure if I'm working out so much I can eat what a want - not true! I can eat what I want in moderation. :-)