Hello- Back to Weight Watchers

Options
I did weight watchers waaaay back about 12 years ago and lost weight and pretty much maintained in my 20's but as soon as I hit 30 I started gaining and had been doing MFP for a long time with no success.
Just joined weight watchers and first week I was down 2.5 pounds and just felt healthier eating more fruits and veggies.
I like the points system I've been trying to look at it as a "game" so it stays fun and motiviating: Can I stay within my points today? Is so yeah gold star for me!" mentatlty.. so far that has helped stay on track. I don't feel deprived and feel more in control of my food portions and cravings. Only been 1 week but so far seems pretty great start.
The only thing is besides meetings (which I attend) the online community is lacking and MFP has a great one to stay on track during the week to be accountable.
:)
Thanks!
Teresa

Replies

• AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I see it as a game as well!
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I rejoined a few weeks ago also because the MFP way just wasn't working for me. As long as I actually stick to my alotted points and WW is working. The only reason I also track here is because I like the online community.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I think it is time for me to "get real" and join WW too. I did WW back in my 20's and had a lot of success. Did low-carb in my 30's and now in my early 40's I have been calorie counting and exercising four to five times a week in the gym doing cardio (on a good week). With the cold weather and snow we've been having I have been having a hard time getting to the gym regularly. Also have had a hard time making healthy choices lately. The scale has been stuck at the same number for a while. Honestly not sure if I am eating enough half the time and that doesn't help with weight loss either, as you know. Sorry for my rant, in any case time for me to get serious about losing the last of this weight and seriously look in to joining WW. I have been trying to figure out what I can eat and how many points I get but it seems you have to join to get all the info. :)
    Thanks for listening. ;)
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I rejoined WW about 5 weeks ago, I have never worked so hard to lose 10 pounds my entire life. Sigh. I think WW is a great program, prob the best one out there. My problem is my age! When I was younger I could easily drop 10 pounds in a week or two, seems the older I get the more my body just does NOT want to give up those pounds! I've lost 9.8 pounds to be exact, .2 pounds short of getting my 10 pound ribbon...GRRRRR. Next week I'll get that damn thing! LOL :drinker:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I started tracking my points about two weeks ago. I am seeing results. AmazonRDH, you are so right about the age thing. After menopause it gets worse.
  • twentyxthree
    Options
    Hello all!

I have also decided to join WW again because MFP was not cutting it. I love the community with MFP and enjoy logging to see the difference between points and calories for the same food. WW works for me but I have been too cheap to spend money on the program over the past couple years, but now, I see that it's totally worth it.

If you want to be friends on MFP, do not hesitate to add me :)

GOOD LUCK ALL!!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! This is my first week back on weight watchers . I did the program back in 2009 and lost 40 pounds! I have been doing MFP on and off and my weight hasnt budged. I keep getting stuck at the same number. I will say i noticed the first day of WW that i had been eating a lot more when doing MFP. I can already feel my clothes fitting less snug. I dont weigh in until monday but i think we need to keep each other accountable! Everyone remember to check in :)
  • CitaPita
    CitaPita Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm giving WW a try for the first time. I've used calorie counting with great success over the years only to gain it back once I stopped tracking because while I would eat under my calories, I wouldn't necessarily be making healthy choices. Hoping WW helps me lose the weight once and for all and teaches me to grab for the fruit instead of the candy.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am a WW lifetime member and I truly love the WW program. I follow the program and the try each day to meet all the good health guidelines. Good for you for going back to WW after all these years! I track on WW and on here to make sure my Carbs, Fat and Proteins are where I want them to be. I lift weights and have for years and years and I don't want to lose any of my hard earned muscles.....LOL :noway: Best wishes on your WW program. :bigsmile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I rejoined a few weeks ago also because the MFP way just wasn't working for me. As long as I actually stick to my alotted points and WW is working. The only reason I also track here is because I like the online community.
    This! same for me!