Just wondering... Did anyone ever cheat on their diet?

Options
I was wondering if any of you maybe started different stages early or experimented with foods they weren't on your list... We all know that isn't good but did anyone try.

I ask because my dietitian gave me a short list of things (that wasnt specific to me) I could have but other doctors recommend more than what I have on this list. So I tried some of them and they don't cause any problems and Im still losing.

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Healthy choice soup, I would just chew the crap out of it. I would rather spend a long time chewing it than pureeing it in a blender. I also made soft scrambled eggs. Gordon Ramsey has a you tube video that teaches you to make perfect scrambled buttery eggs. I highly recommend it
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I experimented all the time. Everybody's different, heals at a different rate and must individualize their eating plan. You have to find what works for you - it's not cheating. It's DISCOVERING.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Ronnie is right, we all do things differently. I am 4 months post sleeve surgery, and personally, I have been pretty conservative with my choices. I am eating mainly protein but slowly adding in veggies and fruits.
  • Patty2point0
    Patty2point0 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Garber6th did you lose all the weight noted in your ticker in just 4 months??? I am pre op - almost complete in my insurance requirements and just wondering. Thanks everyone for this great board!!!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 prior to my surgery, and the rest since my surgery in October.