Which schedule? Lean, Classic, Mass or Double?

Options
Which schedule do you follow? And more importantly why? I wish they would disclose this information regard to the test group. I looked on the beach body website, but didn't find any info. I wonder how those people results vary by the schedule.

Although, I want to keep/ increase my muscle mass, losing weight is more important to me right now as i have ,42 % bf, which is extremely high , even for a female.

Because my goal, the Lean schedule would be the straightforward choice, but I do not like cardio. I decided to do the Classic, and even considered the mass because my aversion to cardio. Also the best body transformation success stories I have seen on the fitness forum are from women who do strength training and very limited to no cardio. Many cardio bunnies success stories show how a fat girl became fragile skinny little bit of flabby one. While strength training only stories show fat girls became fit muscular amazons, which is my preferred look;)

Anyway , what is your choice? Why ? And how it is working out for you?

Replies

• zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am doing Lean because I want to loose as much weight as possible. The standard and Mass will cause weight gain initially because you are building so much muscle. Muscle burns calories quicker and will start to cause your metabolism to rocket upward but that is why the results take about 30 days or so to really start seeing definition. To loose weight there is one sure fire way, burn more than you intake. Do the cardio. I hate cardio too and am on week two, started last night. It is intense. I am panting and swimming in sweat but I have lost more weight quicker than in classic. My legs are getting very toned in just a week and I am already seeing great improvements.

This is an opportunity to change your body type and your lifestyle. How serious you are about it will determine how much weight you lose. My plan is this,

Day 1-90 Lean (lose the excess weight as quickly as possible and tighten core) Which is what lean focuses on
    Day 91-180 Mass (after Losing the weight it is time to define the muscles to keep the weight off and build a calorie burning machine)
    Day 180+ classic Doing classic after all this will keep your body lean, powerful and in shape.

That's is my plan of action.

In the lean program I have noticed not only 5 lbs down (after I gained it back from my vacation) but also slimming of my midsection, and love handles. My calves are rock solid, my thighs are beginning to thin out and my chest is tightening. Remember I have been doing lean for a week.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Haha, I am also already thinking what schedule to choose after I finish this one and I am only starting the 3rd week.
    I might try the lean one next time to achieve more weight loss.Later when I get rid of most of my chub, I may try the mass one.

I just started exercising with this program after taking almost 2 years off( pregnancy + the sleepless first baby year) and I was afraid if I start with cardio heavy stuff, which generally not my cup of tea, I may not stick with it.
    For my biggest surprise , I LOVE all 3 cardio days so far. Agility and the The warrior are just amazing, and able to have a 5 lb dumbbell in my hand makes CVX is so much fun! I just looked at block 2 , and none of them is scheduled , and I will truly miss them.

BTW, on the beachbody website one of the test group participant Kevin mentioned that they did classic during the test. He didn't elaborate that all of them did the same or now, but it sound like it.
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I understand. The Isometrix is fun for sure especially if you need to work on balance. Accelerate is hard stuff. I feel that CVX is very hard and one of the hardest to do for me besides Accelerate so I am glad you enjoy it so much. Keeping up to date on MFP as well as the calendar on my fridge and talking the program up is keeping me excited enough to keep moving forward with it. I figured if I don't plan on continuing with it 90+ then I simply wont do it. Best of luck to you.

Do your best and forget the rest!
  • redheadmommy
    Options
    I understand. The Isometrix is fun for sure especially if you need to work on balance. Accelerate is hard stuff. I feel that CVX is very hard and one of the hardest to do for me besides Accelerate so I am glad you enjoy it so much. Keeping up to date on MFP as well as the calendar on my fridge and talking the program up is keeping me excited enough to keep moving forward with it. I figured if I don't plan on continuing with it 90+ then I simply wont do it. Best of luck to you.

Do your best and forget the rest!
    I also put the p90x3 schedule printout on he fridge, and I cross the days over with a big black marker after each workout. :) Very motivational !
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Combining Aerobic with anaerobic exercises is the single fastest way to lose weight. Not only do you burn a ton of calories during the workout, but they've found that it increases metabolism rates for up to 8 hours after the workout. You are literally burning more calories, all day, while resting after HIIT, Tabata, or Aerobic P90X3 workout. That's why half an hour workouts can be so effective.
  • redheadmommy
    Options
    Combining Aerobic with anaerobic exercises is the single fastest way to lose weight. Not only do you burn a ton of calories during the workout, but they've found that it increases metabolism rates for up to 8 hours after the workout. You are literally burning more calories, all day, while resting after HIIT, Tabata, or Aerobic P90X3 workout. That's why half an hour workouts can be so effective.
    I think all of the workout schedules combine them. The question is what is the ratio between the aerobic and the anaerob parts.

The classic schedule is kind of half /half. Block 1 has 3 cardio, 2 strength training, block 2 & 3 are the opposite 2 cardio and 3 strength days . Overall it has 27 strength days, 28 cardio and 35 stretch days

Mass schedule has a 1 to 3 cardio/ strength ratio. Block 1 has 3 strength, 2 cardio, block 2 has 4 strength and 1 cardio, and block 3 alternate the block1& block 2 weeks. Overall it has 39 strength training, 13 cardio, and 38 stretch days

Lean schedule is the opposite has like 3: 1 cardio/ strength ratio. Block 1 has 4 cardio and no designated strength days, block 2 has 1 strength and 4 cardio days, block 3 alternates between 2 and 3 between cardio and strength , overall it has 13 strength days,39 cardio , and 38 stretch days.

Also I wanted to mention many Tony style "cardio" days actually have quite a bit of strength training moves like pushups in the Warrior or having a dumbbell in our hand for the entire time for the CVX. The lean schedule is full of these type of strength training infused "cardio" days , while the mass schedule really only has agility X and MMX , which are the true cardio workout.
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I meant in one workout. You need to break a heart rate of 180+ to reach anaerobic exercise. I was mostly saying that if you are doing this for weightloss, don't shy away from the "cardio" workouts, because they're not pure cardio, they're mostly HIIT, and will be the best for your metabolism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training
  • badbull69
    badbull69 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am doing Lean because I want to loose as much weight as possible. The standard and Mass will cause weight gain initially because you are building so much muscle. Muscle burns calories quicker and will start to cause your metabolism to rocket upward but that is why the results take about 30 days or so to really start seeing definition. To loose weight there is one sure fire way, burn more than you intake. Do the cardio. I hate cardio too and am on week two, started last night. It is intense. I am panting and swimming in sweat but I have lost more weight quicker than in classic. My legs are getting very toned in just a week and I am already seeing great improvements.

This is an opportunity to change your body type and your lifestyle. How serious you are about it will determine how much weight you lose. My plan is this,

Day 1-90 Lean (lose the excess weight as quickly as possible and tighten core) Which is what lean focuses on
    Day 91-180 Mass (after Losing the weight it is time to define the muscles to keep the weight off and build a calorie burning machine)

In the lean program I have noticed not only 5 lbs down (after I gained it back from my vacation) but also slimming of my midsection, and love handles. My calves are rock solid, my thighs are beginning to thin out and my chest is tightening. Remember I have been doing lean for a week.

I have started the classic version and seeing pounds drop slow and steady, about 1lb/wk. I have started a challenger with my gf. We are in our third week of our 12 wk. challenge. But Im starting my 7th wk. of P90X3. When Im done with the classic. I'm going lean. Does the diet change?