Why do you exercise??! 2/6

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
http://shrinkingjeans.net/2013/04/5-big-exercise-and-dieting-myths-debunked/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+ShrinkingJeans+(Shrinkin

Oh dang it! I know this but I feel into the trap of my deceptive subconscious alleviating me of the extra chip I ate! Back to the drawing board with portion control folks!

WW

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I exercise because I want the feel good feeling but I do have to say that the calories are also important. Thanks for the article.
  • cm2owl
    cm2owl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I exercise because I have MS. If I stop exercising, even for a week, I lose mobility.

I used to be an athlete and loved to work out every day but now I work out for a better quality of life.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I exercised because it was FUN, I loved it.
    Then it became that I exercised to lose weight, hated it. Quit that gym
    Then it was I exercised because I'm "supposed to," still hated it. Quit this one too
    Then I exercised because I needed to, got bored.... and hated it. Got injured and quit trying on my own
    Then decided I needed it to lose weight (again), was starting to hate it but at the point I was making myself go. Gym got bought out by LA Fitness and they fired all the class instructors who taught Les Mills, so quit that one
    Followed Super Trainer to Truly Fit Studio from previous gym, lightbulb came on in brain: it's okay to be fittest fat person EVER.
    I am with friends that are like family, and at a place that cares about me!
    I exercise for FUN... and I love it!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I exercise because - it means I don't have to take medicines otherwise I would have to.
    I exercise because - it lessens the depression darkness
    I exercise because - I have a sit down job.
    I exercise because - bodies were meant to move.
    I have been so struggling lately - movtivation is wavering...seeing this list helps to remind me,,,,,GET MY *kitten* MOVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dawnhart77
    dawnhart77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I exercise because it keeps me from killing my kids, my boss, my husband, myself.

No, in all honestly, my stress level goes through the roof sometimes and exercise really helps take that stress to a more manageable level. As a working mom, sometimes I rarely get time to myself and exercise is the one small part of my day that I finally get to get lost in myself. I recently started training for a half marathon that I will run in only 17 days from now. It's nice to have a goal to work towards and know that when I cross the finish line I did it for me.
  • AltSpeaking
    AltSpeaking Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I exercise for many reasons:

- I enjoy it
    - I was blessed enough to survive Cancer and feel like I owe it to my second chance to live a long, healthy life
    - It makes me feel better about myself
    - Its something my husband and I enjoy doing together
    - My dogs loving having an active mom ;)