New to Metformin, PCOS diet....well new to everything!

Hi all,

New to the group, new to myfitness pal (well just finally started using it), new to a low glycemic/low carb diet. Hence the title of the discussion. I could really use some help setting up proper dietary goals on myfitnesspal. My doctor said to consume no more than 125g carbs a day and to pair it with protein. But.......I know there is more to it? Any thoughts that have worked for you all? Any specific diets you like i.e. paleo, south beach etc.?

I am slowly ramping up my metformin now too. Currently on 500mg.

Thanks a bunch! You all have some great topics and it's so nice to be part of this group.

Jen

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    I was on South Beach when I got pregnant with my daughter. I was not taking any medications and exercising was walking every night.
    With my son, I was on Metformin (2000 mg per day total). I had tried the South Beach diet again at one point but I had a bad reaction to it (got very sick and weak and tired). I think it was the combination of metformin, low carb and strenuous exercise (I was lifting weights and doing treadmill). When I actually got pregnant, I was lifting weights and doing elliptical and was not following a special diet other than staying within my calories.