stress fracture anyone?

Options
lmr9
lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
I'm going to the doctor next Friday, but I'm pretty sure I have a stress fracture on the inside of my ankle. What exercises can I do between now and then and not aggravate it more? Is walking/hiking okay?

Replies

• RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If it is a TRUE stress fracture, you are about to be in a cast or some sort of boot. I fractured my foot in 4 places and had to wear a cast THEN a boot THEN ease back in to light activities.

The longer you keep pushing it, the greater potential for making it worse. I would stop now, tonight. Wait for the dr to clear you. I ignored mine and it was pretty bad. I knew there was something wrong since my foot was so swollen I couldn't even get a slipper on it. I am hardheaded like that. :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Another thing about stress fractures, you are going to want to really listen to your PT when you are in therapy. Stress fractures can become a reoccurring and chronic problem if they don't heal right. I agree with Renewed, stop now and wait to be cleared.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posts. Just rest for the next week. One week off is better than several more weeks off later.