WoW & Other MMOs

Options
2»

Replies

• FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My first MMO was WoW and I've recently revisited it after a long hiatus. I've tried several other MMO's since (LOTRO, Rift, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2) but the one that came closest to sucking me in was SWTOR. I'm actually debating on going back for a couple months just so I can finish the storylines for a couple characters. The storytelling/character progression/voice acting was amazing in that game. Although realistically, if it has lightsabres it's a fair guarantee I'll be interested, hehe.
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My husband played SW:TOR for a bit but I wasn't interested in it at all. I watched over his shoulder a bit, and it didn't look like one I'd like. He loved the PVP in it though. HUTTBALL!!

There was another Wildstar beta this past weekend, and my husband let me play on his account for a bit. Really, really looking forward to that game!! I'm loving the gameplay and the combat. The humor is great too, haha. I think the controls could use some tightening up, but other than that it's awesome. My husband spent hours fixing up his in-game house. Of course, I had to tease him for playing with his dollhouse, but it looks really fun!
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I never tried out the PVP for SW:TOR as it was the story that got me. I can completely appreciate that it's not for everyone but as a big Star Wars nerd there was no way I wasn't gonna try it lol

WildStar is one that I was initially really excited about and have been keeping an eye on for quite a while, but I think I've just got mixed feelings about MMO's in general so I'm not sure if I'll try it out yet or not. Atm I'm more into solo/3-4 type multiplayer games.
  • KidDisasterJC
    Options
    Ooh MMO, how I love you... I think if I didn't have kids I would still be stuck to my Xbox playing FFXI. I played FFXI for 8 years on and off. It had a great community, and I just seemed to get along with everyone. It was so hardcore, you really had to support each other to get anything (and I mean anything) done in that game. Even as it aged and became more accomplishable, the community still liked to work together.

During breaks from FFXI I tried WoW got to about lvl 50, and I played lotro because, Tolkien. I payed to be a forever member, so I guess I could go back and log in again if I want to download it again.

When ffxiv came out (not ffxiv:arr, but the horrible, horrible original) I jumped over from FFXI. But, did I mention it was horrible? So I quit. And I was amazingly MMO-free. . . And then they fixed it with ffxiv:arr. I loved it. Then my husband and I quickly got to the end, and very quickly got tired of the end game elitism. I'm sure I'll play it again, but right now, I'm happy to play some non MMOs in my back catalog.