DL more than 0.5 X BW (125lbs)

Options
sixpacklady
sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
Today was my 6th SL workout and I reached one of my heavy lifting goals by dead-lifting 65 lbs, yay !! :)

Replies

• ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's fun to have goals & meet them!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! I just started lifting and my DL is 50lb I would love to do half of my BW!!!

do you have any tips as far as form goes?

I feel like I'm doing the movement in 2 stages as opposed to one smooth motion...
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! I just started lifting and my DL is 50lb I would love to do half of my BW!!!

I feel like I'm doing the movement in 2 stages as opposed to one smooth motion...

Post a vid in the form check and we can give you some pointers :smile:
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options

Post a vid in the form check and we can give you some pointers :smile:

This.

Also grats on goal reaching!!!! I love having specific goals of something to shoot for!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting a goal! It's always fun to hit targets in terms of body weight.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options

I watched a lot of form related videos and keep watching it, so that i will catch something i have missed. I also have a mirror to check form.

As mentioned, you could post a form check video so that the experts can take a look at it...
  • wendypow
    wendypow Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Good Job

I have "Little" goals too in my profile and change it to add in the date so I can look back if I am feeling discouraged...ie a deload...;)
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Woohoo. I always tend to think of the weights as a % of BW - I am only fairly small so my PR might be weedy in real terms but compared with my BW it makes me feel quite proud