Hello?

Options
Anybody here? I think everyone brady'd out. Any chance this group can be resuscitated?

Replies

• Lovenestwesr
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie, and I would like this group to continue.
    I'm a primary care provider, and I have struggled with my weight for years, sometimes putting it on the "backburner".
    I want to be a part of a community of other health care providers who have felt the shame of carrying unhealthy weight and who are living healthy lifestyles.
  • JennergyKC
    JennergyKC Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm awake, I'm awake. :) I'm an IM intern. I'd like to lose some of the weight I put on during intern year but mostly I just want to be healthier. Stop mindlessly snacking, stop emotionally stuffing my face with pizza during a bad call shift, stop rationalizing that I'm too tired or busy to exercise.
  • Ninanator
    Ninanator Posts: 38
    Options
    Hey Jamcrae22! Thanks for the add :-) IM intern? Rough year lol. good luck.
  • akjean
    akjean Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I'm a family practice PA working 4 x 10s per week. Tough to get a workout in when you leave the house when it's dark out and get home when it's dark out! Would love the community and support!
  • Ninanator
    Ninanator Posts: 38
    Options
    I love PAs! And family practice too :-) Sometimes I cry at 3 x 12hrs shifts a week, but then I remember my friends who are PAs, residents, physicians, or worse RETAIL, and then I'm okay lol.

To anyone who wants to be friends, please add each other! I would love to make sure this group continues on. Health care is one of those occupations, kinda have to be there to get it.
  • Kittyglenwood
    Kittyglenwood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group. I'm a student podiatrist. I'm getting ready to head out for my fourth year clerkships and I hear a lot of people gain weight during their fourth year.
  • kalisk
    kalisk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyone's welcome to add me, I'm a paramedic.
  • ericafittrainer
    ericafittrainer Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hello...I am also new to MFP. I am a Respiratory Therapist in NC. I am a newby runner with goals of running my first 5K this spring. Very nervous!!!
  • my0906
    my0906 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a 3rd year medical student and will be applying to Emergency Medicine residency this year.
    Used to be an athlete in college, but stopped after starting medical school and slowly gained weight over the years.
    Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • ericafittrainer
    ericafittrainer Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    So, I think that I may sabotaging myself by not staying hydrated while working at the hospital. :-(
  • JennergyKC
    JennergyKC Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Agreed that it is so hard to stay hydrated! And then sometimes I think I eat when I'm actually thirsty. I try to keep a water bottle by the computer where I do my notes, but I imagine as a RT you're probably all over the hospital all the time.