Back on MFP.

Options
Hello, everyone! My name is Amy; I'm 30, single, and I spend more time at work that I probably should. I was a member of MFP a couple years ago, and was so happy with the progress I was making! Counting calories made sense in my head, much more than points, or drinking grapefruit juice with every meal ever did! I lost nearly 100 pounds, and then... I'm not sure what happened. Life, I suppose.

I didn't notice right away that I was gaining weight back, not until the new clothes I had bought no longer fit, and I was out buying clothes in bigger sizes because I'd donated all my old ones. For about a year, I thought to heck with this. I can't do it. In reality, it was that I didn't want to, that it was frustrated with myself.

Two years later, I've gained that 100 back, plus a smidge more, putting me at 400 pounds for the first time in my life. 400.2 to be exact. This will be a quick trip into those 4's! I've been counting calories again for about a week now, and just got a new fitbit in the mail yesterday. Time to dust off that food scale and measuring cups, because it's time!

I'm looking for some friends to keep me motivated, because I suck at this all on my own!

Replies

• schaaf95
    schaaf95 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I see you posted this in February, but I am now in the same boat. I was right on track and lost 115 lbs but then I injured my shoulder. This was back in October, now it is June and a lot of my new clothes back then are hanging in the closet because they do not fit anymore. I know I can do it, but I know it will be harder this time because I am still limited by what I can do. I need to break my "old/new" habits and get back on track.
  • smileygirl1980
    smileygirl1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,
    Welcome back!! :-) It definitely helps to have friends that help you through this process and understand how you are feeling! I am sure you will do great! Add me as a friend! :-)

christa